Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

NEED INPUT ON ATVs

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED INPUT ON ATVs

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TexasRoadlawyer

The main reason I would not buy a non-name brand is because of the lack of parts availability and service.

Being mechanically inclined, I am able to fix almost anything that breaks down, but only if I have the correct part to do so.

</end quote></div>

Really I have not seen much of an issue getting parts for MIC atv's on the net. You're not going to have something like a local Honda dealer in every city but online the parts supply is good. As for quality etc. well sure the mainlines are going to be better. But for the say the 250cc atv's and smaller the MIC quads are pretty well priced regarding quality vs. price. As they are typically 1/3 the price of a mainline. The larger MIC quads and especailly the 4x4 ones are too expensive to be worth while in my opinion. I was looking at 4x4 MIC quads and I thought most of them were out to lunch in their pricing! So I bought a new Yamaha 350 Kodiac.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

Triplx, what the H**L is this? You trader!

Old 03-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Range Rover

LOL.. Was a deal I couldnt pass up.... I still have the blue 150cc jetmoto...

Old 03-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like a nice ride, my brother will never forive me for not buying a Warrior! Had I a found a nice one for around what I paid for the Jets I would have.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Weekend Warrior

owned five quads all different sizes..start to have trouble with parts loose but if u check before riding and after 3-4 hours or when noise tells u too..keep up with oil changes brillant fun remember u pay 500-2000 depend on size..u hear alot of crap about imports only because ther are 10 times the amount of cheep atvs out there ..for family fun excellent..u can allways upgrade import to take more punnish ment at half the cost of big dollar atvs but stock u cany beat price..any thing with zongshen engine after 08 is good buy..stay away from loncin engines my experience..manual models seem to give u less problems /power /hill climbing nothing worse stuck half way up a small hill damn automatic trans mission cant get u to the top..useally the smaller bikes...hope this will help...p.s make sure u fully understand warranty coverage b 4 u buy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Range Rover

gullwing, take this from personal experience, no matter which chinese quad you buy no matter which name, they are all junk. I had two chinese bikes before i got a suzuki and the chinese ones are soo junky. everything about them is cheaply made dont even get me started on them lol.Seriously do not buy one. Once you move up to a real brand you notice the difference between a chinese quad and a japanese its like going from a junky old truck to a lexus

Old 03-28-2009, 07:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: axl_rose

If I am not mistaken, Kymco is Korean and not Chinese...just wanted to note that.</end quote></div>

Made in Taiwan from what I'm told.
deff not china junk.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:43 AM
Range Rover

Kymco arent chinese junk, but they definitly arent up to stardard with the bigger names

Old 03-28-2009, 07:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

No offence sir and I do respect your opinion, but I disagree. I'd buy a Kymco mini over most any. Even over a Z90.
Kymco has Honda roots as they (honda) were heavily invested in Kymco. I think they still own a certain percentage.
My expierences racing the same Kymco Mongoose in 2-12 hour races plus a cpl MX races and countless trail miles put's them right with the dependability of any one of my honda's.
I even choose to leave the 250R and 300ex home to ride the Kymco at times. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Range Rover

Maybe theyll go big someday =0, but intill then im staying away. Also none of the atv magazines or any websites say anything about honda being heavily invested in them so i do think that is untrue. But yeah i have to admit that their minis are pretty nice.

Quick Reply: NEED INPUT ON ATVs