Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

200cc Gio Beast Electric Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 200cc Gio Beast Electric Problems

When I turn the key, the green light is on (so there is power) but as soon as I press the brake, or turn on the lights, the green light goes off and then when I turn off the lights or the brake it comes back on but very dim. I thought the battery was dead, so I hooked it up to a charger, and still the EXACT SAME THING!! So it gets power, but when I try to start it or do anything the green light just turns off and nothing happens. I am so confused... even with the charger attached this is still the problem.

This all started while I had the charger attached and I was boost starting it. It was turning over fine, for a while, and then it all stopped. I checked the main fuse that's right by the battery and it is still intact. How could the green light come on, but it doesn't start and the lights don't come on?

One problem is literally leading to another! I was boosting it because i was trying to start it and the battery died in the process. I think the carb needed to be adjusted, which I found out here, AFTER it stopped getting power. Anyone please help!!

Old 02-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Electrical Expert
Likes High Voltage In The Tub!
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't have a wiring diagram of the 200cc Gio Beast. Anyone else have one? We may have to wing it...

Follow the big fat red wire from the battery (+) terminal to the first starter solenoid screw post. Find the big fat red wire exiting the second solenoid screw post which heads down to the starter motor.

On the starter solenoid, short those two screw terminals together with a screwdriver. A few sparks are OK. Does the starter motor turn? It should.

If your starter turns, turn on the ignition and repeat. Does the quad start up?

Before we can go further you'll need a voltmeter.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

If the battery is toasted hard even connecting it to a charger will not allow the quad to start/operate correctly.......if you suspected the battery before then replace it (or check it) now before continuing your diagnosis.

Im assuming the green light is a neutral indicator light, correct? Maybe check for a loose or corroded wire in the neutral switch.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Unhappy Problem Solved, but new problem!

Originally Posted by LynnEdwards
I don't have a wiring diagram of the 200cc Gio Beast. Anyone else have one? We may have to wing it...

Follow the big fat red wire from the battery (+) terminal to the first starter solenoid screw post. Find the big fat red wire exiting the second solenoid screw post which heads down to the starter motor.

On the starter solenoid, short those two screw terminals together with a screwdriver. A few sparks are OK. Does the starter motor turn? It should.

If your starter turns, turn on the ignition and repeat. Does the quad start up?

Before we can go further you'll need a voltmeter.
Hey good news and bad news. While i was doing what you said to do, i actually found a loose wire that was the problem. Now it powers up right, and i can get it to idle, but when i give it some gas it stalls Any ideas?

Old 02-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jonzo22
Hey good news and bad news. While i was doing what you said to do, i actually found a loose wire that was the problem. Now it powers up right, and i can get it to idle, but when i give it some gas it stalls Any ideas?
plugged air filter
dirty carb

check, clean/replace those items and try again

Old 02-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by aaronrkelly
plugged air filter
dirty carb

check, clean/replace those items and try again
Where is the air filter / what does it look like?

Old 01-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Cool gio

hey whats the wire with the red plug out of motor? what colour of wires go to it?

Old 01-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Electrical Expert

Originally Posted by unleashthebeast!!
hey whats the wire with the red plug out of motor? what colour of wires go to it?
I'm not understanding this at all. Could you provide more details?

Old 01-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

okay, there is two sets of like four wire coming out of the motor and i know what the one is , but the other one with a red plug on the end has six wires going to it but i need to know what wires plug into it ?????

Old 01-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Electrical Expert

I don't know anything specific about the Gio Beast 200cc. But usually the only wires coming out the motor are from the stator (battery charge, ignition trigger, and often CDI AC power), and a gear shift indicator wire set from the transmission (which often is six wires).

So is your quad working? Does it start? Run? What is the problem that you are having?