Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

2010 Kymco Mongoose 90 speed mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 08:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks again!..

Thanks for the quick reply LT!....I will try to contact him right away!...

Old 05-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default tHANKS LT

Id be lost without this place!!...Thanks again!!

Old 05-30-2011, 01:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Has anyone experienced a miss in the engine while you have full throttle on the 2010 MOngoose 90? I havent done any work yet though I have been looking to get more speed out of it. Besides removing the spacer in the CVT are there any other options for me? ANy images or instructions on how to do this job? Thanks in advanced..

Old 05-30-2011, 09:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kymco 50cc More top end speed

I'm not 100% positive that you're 2010 is the same as my 2008 Mongoose 50cc 4T but if it helps i can certainly let you know what Ive learned so far..... The spacer that you are looking for is located in the primary (front) CVT....Once you remove the kick starter simply take off all of the bolts around the cover and remove it (I believe on the Kymco 90cc you have to remove the foot board to get to all the bolts)...It should come off very easily you've removed all of the bolts...now with the cover removed, loosen the bolts holding on both the front and rear pulleys and remove the belt...at this point you can actually put you're finger behind the primary (Front)...(looks like a wheel with teeth)where the belt rides and feel the spacer slide back and forth...this is what you're after....You will need an impact wrench most likely to take the nut off the front of the Primary "wheel with teeth"...then simply take the top off, remove the spacer and put everything back on in the order in which you removed them.....Very simple and a great mod for more speed...the only other things that i have done to ours is drilled three holes in the air box lid with a small spade bit...and remove the spark arrestor from the pipe...after these three simple things our little goose really rips.....There's certainly people on here much more knowledgeable than I on the subject hopefully maybe they'll come along and share some tips with us on how to make them smiles even bigger!...The Goose is much faster than it was but still seems as though theirs a little more to be had on the top end...Hope this helps

Old 05-30-2011, 09:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you GratefulFather. I will give it a shot and come back to post my results!

Old 05-30-2011, 09:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default You're very welcome

Glad I could help!

Old 11-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Pennsyrider: Can you explain in a little more detail exactly what you did step by step to remove this spacer? We have the same 2010 Kymco Mongoose 90 with the same top end issue and we'd like to give it a little more omph!! Thanks!

The speed restriction was in the CVT transmition! There is a small spacer that can be remover to allow the belt to ride at the top of the primary clutch, just like mbarryracing mentioned. If anyone needs more information please don’t hesitate to ask, I would like to help and return the favor. Thanks guys for all the previous help.[/quote]

Old 09-28-2015, 12:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

Does anyone have a video or link to the removal of this bushing..
Thanks

Old 09-28-2015, 07:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Just do like the other fella said in the other thread.
It really is easy on those.

Old 12-28-2015, 11:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kawasaki kfx 90 wiring g

Originally Posted by trvrider1
I have an 07 Kymco 90 and 50 and have the same issue of wanting to get more speed from them. I'm going to check for the spacer. Currently getting about 13 from the 50 and 15 tops for the 90.
Anyone discovered anything w/ the CDI...I've read some threads about a green wife needing cut but that must be pre07 b/c these do not have the light green wife mentioned in other forums.
Thanks!
Would you mind sharing a pic or two of the wing on your 07 kfx 90. I'm having problems with mine and I need some help. Thank you in advance.

Quick Reply: 2010 Kymco Mongoose 90 speed mods