Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Txl 50

Old 12-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Txl 50

Buddy of mine wanted me to fix his sons 4 wheeler since I have worked on jetskis in the past. Seemed like a simple fix, it needed a starter. Ordered one, installed it, but the motor wouldn't turn over. Figured it was the battery then, put a new one in it. Barely turned over. This atv has sat for a year now. I fear the worst for him. I took the spark plug out to see if it would turn over without it in. Yep, turned over pretty good. But I noticed a lot of oil spewing out of the motor. Its not setup for premix and I am out of my league now as far as 4 wheelers go. I did put my finger over the spark plug hole to see if it had decent compression.
I see where the oil line from the tank goes to the one side of the motor. I don't want to tear into this any further until I get some ideas. I figure all 2 stroke work in the same manner. So does this thing have an oil pump? Check valves on the oil lines going into the motor?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Its a Eton 50cc TXL.
Thanks and Merry Christmas.
SHOOTER

Old 12-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

moved the tread here for better results.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is the crankcase full of gas? check airbox for gas, needle and seat go bad in carb and gas runs into airbox and engine, maybe bottom end is full of a gas -oil mix

Old 12-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Welcome to the forums.
I agree, It flooded. Clean the carb paying attention to the needle and seat like mentioned above.
Yes it has a oil pump. Prolly no problem there tho.
Place a rag over the plug hole and spin the motor over till all the fuel mix comes out, then let dry.
If it don't dry well, apply full throttle till the motor starts and cleans out.
Hope that helps.

Search this Thread