Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

LT80 I need your help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT80 I need your help!!

LT80,

I have been reading your post from several fourms I need your help, I picked up an LT80 from a guy for free he said it needed rings, no compression, tore it down and checked it out a chunk was missing from the piston, and the head had gouges in it, ordered the head cylinder and top end kit, waited a week today got all the parts together, rebuillt it rode it for an hour wouldnt start spark plug was wet and it was firing, just tore the top end down, a two smaller chunks missing out of the piston and gouges in the head???? Both times it was by the rings, this time the cylinder wasnt ruined?!?! What now Im stumped it was running fine?!?!

Old 08-19-2011, 06:03 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by squirrel503
LT80,

I have been reading your post from several fourms I need your help, I picked up an LT80 from a guy for free he said it needed rings, no compression, tore it down and checked it out a chunk was missing from the piston, and the head had gouges in it, ordered the head cylinder and top end kit, waited a week today got all the parts together, rebuillt it rode it for an hour wouldnt start spark plug was wet and it was firing, just tore the top end down, a two smaller chunks missing out of the piston and gouges in the head???? Both times it was by the rings, this time the cylinder wasnt ruined?!?! What now Im stumped it was running fine?!?!
is the arrow pointing forward or back on the pistion? i installed my piston backwards the first time. the arrow has to be pointing towards the exhaust (back).

Old 08-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Range Rover

and oh yea mine was running fine til the perfect storm happened, the ring gaps opened and caught the wider exhaust port, and from there the rings bent, snapped, and got dragged across the cylinder and all.

if that is the case, you should talk to jack, he fixed mine perfectly instead of buying those ebay cylinder/pistion kits

Old 08-19-2011, 11:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

The arrow was pointing towards the exhaust.. It was the ebay kit Ill wait for Jack to chime in, might need him to build the whole thing

Old 08-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by squirrel503
The arrow was pointing towards the exhaust.. It was the ebay kit Ill wait for Jack to chime in, might need him to build the whole thing
yea jack will figure it out! i just figured i'd share my mistake in case it pertained to this, cuz it sounded the same lol. good luck with that!