Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

07 Eton 90cc Viper Fuse Rectifier & Regulator

Old 06-10-2013, 07:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Eton 90cc Viper Fuse Rectifier & Regulator

I recently bought a 90cc Eton Viper. The owner said it had sat for a while but it was working when he parked it. We tried to start it in his garage but the battery was dead so I figured it was cheap enough I would try to get it going.

first off I put the battery on my little charger/maintainer for my regular quad ant it said the battery was NFG, so I replaced that. Cranked the bike over for a while and it wouldn't start (old gas in the line) so I drained the gas, and filled it with new gas and recharged the battery.

then the fuse blew. I replaced the fuse with a 7a fuse and it blows within a minute, key in or not docent matter.

I took the plastic off and started un hooking connections and cleaning them as there was a lot of dust in them and when I got to the rectifier and it was unplugged the bike did not blow the fuse.

Then I cleaned the connection and put it back on and the fuse blew and I noticed smoke out the back of the rectifier.

would this likely be the problem, or would something further down the line be messed up and have caused the rectifier to go?

I would like to know what I'm getting into if I should just take this to a bike shop to get fixed or if its just a plug and play art I'm good with replacing that as long as i don't cook the new one first time I replace the fuse.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Adam

Old 06-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

should be plug n play unless there are other wiring deficiencies sending voltage to ground.