Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

AlphaSports Mini Cobra 50 oil injected?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 07:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AlphaSports Mini Cobra 50 oil injected?

It won't take you long to figure this out, but I don't know much about small engines and atv's... Thanks in advance for any advice.

I recently got this atv for my sons. Believe to be about a 2004-6 model. It has the yellow plastic fenders, the remote kill switch, and tether.

There is an oil tank under the seat and a low oil indicator on the handlebars (light has not come on).

My question: do I put 2-cycle oil into the tank, some other type of oil, and/or do I premix 2-cycle in with the gas? Also, do you know where I can find an owners manual?

More details:

The previous owner barely used it, but didn't have an owners manual. He thought that the oil tank only served to lube the crank case and regular gasoline was to be put in the tank - but couldn't say for sure. Following the tube that runs from the tank it seems like this is feasible since it runs down past the top end of the motor (spark plug area) and I don't see an actual pump but (I believe) it being a 2stroke there has to be oil getting into the fuel somehow....

I have searched for hours (Google, Bing, etc.) and have found many pics and info on this atv but can't find a manual. Have found a parts manual and a site that looks to be able to sell a manual for $35, but placing the order results in a "no longer available" message. :-(

Thanks!
John

Old 10-13-2014, 02:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 300 Likes on 294 Posts

Put two stroke oil in the tank under the seat, neat fuel in the fuel tank and check you are getting that two stroke smell from the exhaust and, preferably, a little blue smoke to indicate the oil is being pumped into the engine.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks. We'll try that as soon as the monsoons stop...

Old 10-19-2014, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

You could mix the 1st couple tanks of gas 50 to 1 and fill the oil tank under the seat. Check the oil level under the seat to see if its going down after each tank.
All you can hurt with too much oil is the spark plug. But if the oil injection is not working it will burn the engine up