Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Eton viper jr. more problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 12:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eton viper jr. more problems

Hey guys, got an Eton viper jr 41.5cc trying to get it running for my nephew to get him into riding. My previous post was about the carb after about 100 tries at getting it cleaned finally broke down and put a new one on there. Put it on there pulled fired up first try ran about 30 seconds then shut off, can't get it to start again, any ideas? It's got a new plug, new fuel lines and new carb. Maybe the cdi? Let me know what y'all think any advice is greatly appreciated thanks

Old 04-16-2017, 03:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

Take the plug out, lay it on the head with HT lead attached and check if it sparks. if it doesn't, try a new plug. If it does spark, fit a new plug anyway and try to start it again.

Just because you have a new carb and fuel lines, doesn't mean you have a clean tank. A drop of water the size of a rice grain will stop one of those tiddlers.

Old 04-16-2017, 10:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice I cleaned out the tank really well using diesel fuel and bbs then flushed it a few times, with some mix gas, that should be alright right? I'm going to re-check the air filter on it; the spark plug is firing good; compression is also good on it, any other ideas? I've never really worked on a two stroke engine before, so my knowledge is limited on this one; yea these little four wheelers are a pain in the butt compared to a full size quad.

Old 04-18-2017, 03:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

I used to maintain one of those little Eatons but never had to work on the engine. All I can suggest is checking fuel flow to the carb, and cleaning the new carb out. If it then fires up, you still have dirt or water in the system.