Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Best 80-90 cc quad for big boy

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best 80-90 cc quad for big boy

Go with a Dinli Diamondback and never look back. It is accually a 95cc with the biggest frame out there. You can mod this thing to outrun almost any machine out there. I'm talking big boys too.

Old 01-28-2003, 04:06 PM
Trailblazer

my son started on an lt80 when he was 5 with good use of the throttle limiter,now hes 11and he rides the same bike with a few mods(fmf fatty pipe/wpowercore2shorty,boysen reeds etc)and he just loves it.the bike still fits him(barely)and it has the upgraded power to match his riding ability.

Old 01-29-2003, 10:05 PM
Range Rover

look at the artic cat 90 good machine my two kis 10 12 yrs old ride theres had no problems lots of safety features you can use or take out if you want to limiters i mean they come with full floor boards oil injection automatic just put gas in and go lots of power for a 90

Old 01-30-2003, 11:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i've got both plus the ds 90 four stroke my kids love the suzuki the other two sit. the ds 90 and the suzuki do great in the sand the honda took a lot of pushing, that sucked. i would go with the 80.

Old 01-31-2003, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for all the feedback. I think I am going to go with the kawasaki version of the LT80.

My son says "I want the green one", so I think that will be it.

Plus, there are lots of aftermarket parts to grow with him.

Thanks again
Bat

Old 01-31-2003, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Let me start this by saying I want every kid to get a quad and have some good clean fun. I like all mini quads, but some are better than others. Right now there is nothing out there that can touch the Dinli Diamondback, Kasea Skyhawk or the Polaris Pedator! Really give them a hard look before you go to the Kawasaki. I know the Dinli has nwe plastic you can buy for around $150 to make it any color you want. The stock colors are blue/white and black/white.

Old 02-01-2003, 10:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i'm sure you will be happy with your choice, and if you ever need parts, you will be able to find them.

Old 02-01-2003, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

I have never heard of the dinli, I will look into it. But I do prefer to be able to buy parts when needed, and have some aftermarket support.

I know that the suzuki/kawasaki has a great dealer network, and there is good aftermarket support for them.

I wont buy a polaris, because well I just dont like the local dealer, and really dont like the polaris.

Kasea, they seem to get decent press, but almost always it says something to the effect of they need to increase their quality control.

I have a suzuki 50, that has been a great machine. It has been ridden hard and we have not done anything to it, except basic maintenance. I want a machine that will survive under my son.

I will look at the others, but am pretty set on the kawasaki.

Bat

Old 02-01-2003, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

does dinli have a website? I saw a pic of one, on a website for a dealer. But they had not much information.

It does look decent, but would like to be able to compare the specs on the machines. Also, would like to know how they run against each other.

Thanks

Old 02-02-2003, 10:31 AM
Trailblazer

my son races a Dinli T-Rex 90. If your looking to move up this is a good bike. It has a auto clutch no gears disc brake in rear a factory kill switch and throttle stop,also has electric start. the headlights work wellalthough my sons taillights took a dump and fell out in the first week. It also has 2 inches of suspension in front and back. I haven't had any major problems in a year. We have done major mods to this thing and it screams. My 9 year old is almost able to pull wheelies. I have put douglas alum rims all around, smaller tires in the rear to pull the rpms up faster a clamp on uni filter jetted the carb,wheel spacers,a malossi high compression head.ported and polished clyinderand a dynoport 2 piece exhaust that sounds like a small 250Ralso have done sprocket changes and heavy clutch springs and rollers. I have taken the oil injection off and mix my sons bike at 32 to 1 (yamalube). His bike is the fastest in his class easily outruns honda 90 and suzuki lt80 and the raptor 80. we finished 4th in points in his class at the local track in our first year. If you look at all the small bikes the engines are all the same Eton Dinli Polaris Aeon Kasea Extreme machines. and the frames are the same but the mounting tabs are in different places good luck in your quest to find the right bike. The gang at TEAM BOOGER AMA Dist 6

Quick Reply: Best 80-90 cc quad for big boy