Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Gas Gas 450 Quad

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 03:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

sorry guys but you are all wrong about the power output on both quads. unless it is differant in the states . im a dealer for the quads the 300 out of the crate is putting out 52bhp at the wheels the 450is putting out 47bhp. now the beauty of the 450 is that as it is fuiel injection it means that you can plug in the labtop. unfortubatly not everyone can do this as you have to buy the program from gas gas. i have it and my number one rider this year has just got his bike taken upyo a stage 3 tune with about twenty minutes of plain around on the computer i have brought the bike up to almost 60 bhp. he has ridden 690 rqaptor ex and all that stuff and still is amazed of the power of yhe 450. as for the shocks the 450 frame is slightly differant then the 300 with a little bit of extra strength here aqnd there to allow for the extra weight the shocks are not the wide body that on the 300 but they are 2 inches longer. even at it softest setting we have been unable to bottom them out on a motocross track. i think the 300 has been updated to the new shock although i wil not know until next week as i have another lod coming in. any question gimme a shout.ref 450[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

Leeroy

Thanks for the info.

One question though what kind of dnyo did you use to get the horespower rating? Lazarus at GT Thunder dyno mine on a Dyno Jet with 18" slicks and got a HP rating of 42.7 at the rear wheels. I talked to another racer that had his dyno at 43.5 or so at the rear wheels. To see my dnyo sheet and specs on my custom a-arms check out Gt Thunder and look under the the GasGas link.

The newer 300 have the same shocks as the 450 4-stroke.

Couple more questions on the 4-stroke, what is the name of the software and price of the kit? Is there multiple kits? Multiple map choices (like a woods, motocross, dunes, and trail riding) versions?

Any idea on the release of the narrower a-arms?

Thanks for your time.

Mike
GNCC #265

Old 03-12-2003, 03:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

mike,
it was the factory dyno in spain that showed me exectly what the bikes were putting out. as for the diagnostics its magnetti marelli but you can only get it if your a gas gas dealer and only direct from the factory at the minute but im sure that will change in time. just to let you know i am waiting on a 450 coming tomorrow one of our race bikes it has been brought up to a stage 3 tune and after speaking to gas gas today they have told me that it is now putting out 68 bhp at the wheels. ill no when i get it back cause the first thing im doing is taking it to a man to dyno just to see for myself. any other queries gimme a shout.

regards

Old 03-12-2003, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

68hp at the rear wheels?? You'll have a hard time convincing anyone of that. I just wanted to reply before this gets ugly.

Old 03-13-2003, 02:59 PM
Trailblazer
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

believe me thats what the factory has told me. the bike is getting put on the dyno next week so you can see it in black and white and then draw up you own conclusion.

Old 03-13-2003, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

From my personal experience and what my dealer has told me. GasGas has been close if not spot on on all the specs they give for there machines. They (unlike the big 4) don't has claim dry weight and so called specs. I've been told you can take the GasGas machines and weigh them and they will be very close to the weight that the factory says. So what would they gain by lieing (like the rest do) and then be proven wrong. I know my 300 quad dynoed at 42.7 to the rear wheel and the sheet for the 300 bike says 49-50 hp. I figure with the quad weighting more and having to wheels to turn instead of one it would reduce the number and 7 hp sounds right to me. I have the first version of the 2-stroke so they my have changed something to gain some horse since then. Some the factory numbers of 52 for the 300 and 47 for the 450 sound reasonable and believeable to me. As for the 68 hp for the 450 with different mapping I think it can be done. Look at the cannondales. The base model puts out 33 and the moto is 39 and with a little more maping change and relocating the fuel injectors and light head mods you can get the moto up to 52-55 hp. That's 13-16 more horse than the factory settings. I don't know what is involved in the stage 3 tuning that they are doing on the GasGas 450 and how restrictive the exhaust is. But I can see the 450 putting out 62-68 hp with a some mods. Remember if you have enough money anything is possible.

Mike

Old 03-14-2003, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

I'll believe it when GT Thunder posts a chart with 68hp at the rear wheels. I don't trust anybody elses dyno reports that are posted. I'm not slamming it, hey, I'm gonna buy one this fall unless Honda comes out with a fuel injected quad [yeah right]

Anyways, weights and measurements are all goofed up in England. You ask for a pound and they give you a dollar and sixty six cents. jk

leeroy,
How does the stage 3 Gas Gas compare to the W-tec or EML with the big 685-700cc Maico or Zabel 2 strokes? From the sound of it, you should be much faster than the Husaberg 650 or KTM 520.

Old 03-14-2003, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

Trx440

I'll talk to my dealer and see if we can work out a deal to go and dyno a 450 in stock form and then do the stage 3 set-up that Leeroy is talking about and see what the dyno has. This will all be done at GT Thunder if the dealer and GT Thunder agrees to it.

Leeroy I'll need to know any details on what the stage 3 includes and if is available to Don at Race Ready Cycles to he could test it on GT Thunder's dyno.

I like I said this is if I can get these guys to agree on doing it, since I don't own one of the 450's and can promise that I will happen, but I can ask and let it go from there. If it does happen I'll post the results ASAP and if it doesn't I might buy one of the 450's at the end of the season for next year. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks for all the info and thnaks in advance to leeroy for share all and any info on the GasGas quads.

Mike
GNCC #265

Old 04-02-2003, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

I heard the Gas-Gas 450 was pretty fast....

Old 04-02-2003, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Gas Gas 450 Quad

Look at the cannondales. The base model puts out 33 and the moto is 39 and with a little more maping change and relocating the fuel injectors and light head mods you can get the moto up to 52-55 hp.
Whoa now before it gets too deep in here...

We're getting a little wild with apples to oranges comparisons with different dyno brands, different operators, different methods, different claims, etc.

On a typical dynojet dyno a Cannondale Cannibal puts out about 37hp at the rear tires. With pipe and mapping (for the pipe) that raises to about 42-43HP - that's for a Moto or Cannibal.

There is not 13hp from mapping. Mapping is not black magic, it's electronic jetting and timing. Fuel injection does not improve horsepower, it improves efficiency, tuneability, and rideability. There is not 55hp in a Cannondale engine without serious modifications. Most are finding a wall in the mid 40's.

If GG is getting 68hp from their 450, Honda (the largest engine manufacturer in the world) will be knocking on their door soon to buy their magic technology. The CRF450R puts out 55hp at the crank & there is not much room for improvement. From what I understand, the GG 450 is weaker compared to the current crop of hight tech Japanese 450cc singles.

Quick Reply: Gas Gas 450 Quad