Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Quad for a 5yr old. (girl) which one???

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quad for a 5yr old. (girl) which one???

Tell the guy that has teh Polaris to remove teh washer in teh exhaust, the throttle limiter in teh carb and if it has one, cut the green wire on teh cdi. Straight out of the box, the Suzuki has a somewhat OK pipe. The Tiawan bike have a straight pipe with a silencer.(trash) Just put a pipe on one and you almost double the HP. I sell parts for everything, but the Tiawan bikes are what is going on. Dunes and all.

Old 02-14-2003, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I have talked with many parents at different dunes and the ones with the quads sitting at camp are usually the ones with taiwanese bikes.

The taiwanese quads are popular, because they are slightly less expensive, but you do give up quality.

Thats my 2 cents, bigger you do what you want, but we all know sitting at the dunes is ok, but having to sit there because the quad is broke down is not ok.

Bat

Old 02-14-2003, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

I've been down this road. Take it form someone with experience (bad experience) Stay with a reputable name brand ( suzuki, honda, etc) The cheap ones are just that.... CHEAP and GARBAGE. Nothing but headaches everytime the kid got on it. It really took the enjoyment out of riding because I was too damn mad !!! I ended up taking my sons alpha sport 90 and throwing ( yes, throwing it on the dealers drive way) go with a name brand and a dealer that will support you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-14-2003, 11:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider

the suzuki we have is a 87 found it cheap, the ds-90 is a 2002 and i bet the suzuki will still last longer and be used more. not that the little ds is bad but it isn't as easy to ride.

Old 02-14-2003, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

guardog, your story is what I am talking about. I have heard more of these type stories then I have oh this thing is the best in the world type stories. Yet I still here people say the LT80 has been great, I see people selling late 80's models that still run and look decent. That in and of itself says something.

bat

Old 02-15-2003, 09:08 AM
Trailblazer

This thread sort got off the subject. As for 5 year old which one. I would say a 90 is a little big for a 5 year old, go with the lt50, when she out grows it most dealers will let you trade it in on a lt80. As for the other subject we race a lt80 at the BIG GNC Nationals and so do most of the other kids their are on lt80's. Unlike most ppl i need to see it not read it. I am not brand loyal, but until i see one of these other minis at a national race run up front with the lt80, we will stick with our lt80.

Old 02-15-2003, 09:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

this is the second time this subject has come up in the last month, and it is really funny how grown men go on about little quad you would think we were defending our own quads.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] well what ever you choose you know the little one will be happy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i would have to see how big you daughter is but if she is big enough to reach all the controls on the Lt80 i would put her on that and turn in the trottle screw to control the speed for her, and then ride with her so she learns how to ride. they will copy every thing you do. man isn't this stuff fun!!!!!! oh the reason for going with as large as possible is they do nothing but grow, but may ids seem to run on the large side for there age. my 9 year old rides a blaster and wants the 400 honda or suzuki i did have to draw a line there. but he is feet tall and doing nothing but growing so maybe bay 11 we will look into that.

Old 02-15-2003, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

ya depending on her size get a lt50 or 80 i used to ride a lt 80 its a great mini and reliable

Old 02-16-2003, 12:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

i would go with the LEM THEY are light lots of suspension travel,throttle limitter,lots of mods available a mod cayman with a 19mm carb,3shoe clutch,reed valve air cooled 50 motor and a R and D pipe will smoke a mod lt80 so far we haven't found one that would touch it.keep in mind that the LT80 weighs 220lbs while the LEM weighs 141lbs or less so if your child crashes and get run over there is less weight to it.i also have a foctory Liquid CAYMAN that in stock form a mod LT80 can't touch and a 80cc cayman that nothing has beaten yet.There is so much perf mods for the cayman that you wouldn't have to sell it to get a bigger atv.I have 4 kids who race the mini atv classes and the bike classes.i would say get a lem my kids have raced lems for the past three years and have not had any major problems.no blown mtrs they are extremly reliable. My daughter started racing bikes and mini atvs at age 4 on the lems.I have 6 caymans,1 stock,2mod50cc,2mod80cc,1 factory liquid.1-R3,1-R2,1-LX3L/C,1-LX2L/C,2-LX3F air, 1-LX2F air,LX1,KX65,POLINI X5-65,TM85 PLUS I'M BUILDING 2 CAYMANS WITH THE r3MOTORS IN THEM.THOSE ARE JUST WHAT MY KIDS RACE PLUS YOU CAN GET A CAYMAN FOR $2500.00CANADIAN WHICH IS about 1200-1300.00 in us dollars.and no i'm not a sales person for lem.

Old 02-16-2003, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

mx dad, who sells lem. I have wanted to look at them, but cant find anyone who sells them. I live in a small town, but travel to the salt lake city utah area quite a bit.

I heard they were coming out with one that was going to be liquid cooled, it sounds like you have one. How much do those go for?

Are those pretty fast in stock form, or do you have to mod them?

My main interest in them is the suspension, but like I said before I cant find anyone who sells them.

Any info would be great.

Thanks
Bat

Quick Reply: Quad for a 5yr old. (girl) which one???