Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Quad for a 5yr old. (girl) which one???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 10:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Quad for a 5yr old. (girl) which one???

Yes I know alot have let their lil ones on my beloved LT-80,BUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I cannot recommend one for a kid thats 5.I think the LT-50 or one of the new 50cc imports is the way to go.Dont let cost be a factor.Yes the 50 will be grown out of fast.But then you will get her a 80 and feel darn confident that she can handle it.I've been there,my 6 yr old needed a 50,got it and he loved it.Why? Cuz it fit him physically and power wise [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2003, 06:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with LT80. Get a little Rhino 40 or a Dinli Dino 50. They are bulet proof, Don't cost a lot and after she is ready to move up, there is always a list of kin folks that will want to buy it.

Old 02-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ALL great comments! I had no idea the LT80 was such a good little machine. I will go look at some of these starting ths weekend and put her on a few and see what fits her best. But I will have to be carefull cause after that , their won't be a moments peace in the house until she gets one! LOL. she pretty much has her daddy "wrapped" if ya know what i mean.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thanks guys,

Biggerisbetter.

Old 02-13-2003, 09:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i know what you mean if you notice i've got three little quads, my son rides the blaster, they leaves the daughter. like i said i know you ride a lot of sand, and it took the suzuki because she couldn't go where the other kids could and i couldn't take that. good luck

Old 02-14-2003, 02:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

The Kasea skyhawk 50 are great starters, Ck them out at www.dirtrides.com
Talk to Greg. We have two of them w/no complaints. have fun

Old 02-14-2003, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

The Dinli Dino and the Mini Skyhawk are good machines. They are vertually identical. I prefer the Rhino 40 or E-Ton 40 over the other two for a few reasons but I would say they are all nice starter bikes. I would stick with the Tiawan bikes, Dinli, Kasea, Polaris, etc. before I would go to a LT80. Sorry if I hurt someones feelings here but they are not on the same playing field with the nice Tiawan bikes anymore. From stock to full race, the LT80 is old,old,old. Stop buying these things and force Suzuki to wake up and give us something new!

Old 02-14-2003, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

Trex, I would like to know why you love the tawianese bikes so much.

I have looked them over, and they are not all that great. I agree the suzuki is dated, but it is still around for the same reason the banshee is, it works and it sells.

I would love to see an LT80 with about 4-6 inches of travel. But so far they are not building them, and the only ones I have seen with a decent amount of travel are the LEM. But they only make a 50.

Most of the taiwanese machines I have looked at are ugly, and dont offer anything more then the LT's do. Might offer a light, but you can add those fairly cheaply.

Sorry if I have offended anyone, but the taiwanese machines leave something to be desired also.

Bat

Old 02-14-2003, 02:14 PM
CED
Pro Rider

I agree with Batoutahell.

Old 02-14-2003, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

The Dinli's, Kasea's, and Polaris are the kings of mini's right now. The design is better. The aftermarket potential is better, the suspension is better, the engine is way better, the feel to the kids is better. The only thing that I can say that LT80's have an advantage on is Quality. And that is very slight. Take a good Taiwan mini and compare it to the LT. There is no comparision. Oh yeah I forgot price, You can almost buy two Dinli's for the price of a LT. Go to any big mini quad race. (TQRA) and you will see what I am talking about.

Old 02-14-2003, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

I think trex is a dinli, kasea and polaris dealer, what do you guys think??

Just kidding, but I have seen the polaris up close and personal. I have talked with parents out at many different dunes, and the polaris does not stack up. Most reccommend something different. I have to say I have not seen any dinli's in person, maybe they just dont run them at the dunes. I am not a racer, I dont care about racing.

Every writeup about a mini quad I read compares them to the honda and suzuki, most mags say that the taiwanese quads dont stack up to the quality of the japanese quads. I would have to say I have been very pleased with the suzuki product (Lt50) that I own. It has never left my son stranded, never not started, and never had anything break or fall off of it. It is very well built. And my son has put it through its paces.

Oh, as for price, I dont know where you are looking, but most every one I see runs in the 1900+ range. I have not seen dinli, because god only knows where there is a dealer, which brings up another point. You can buy parts for the big name jap quads much easier then the taiwanese quads.

Sorry to rain on anyones parade, but I dont think they stack up. Oh, and suspension I have not seen anything to lead me to believe they have a better suspension.

Later
Bat

Quick Reply: Quad for a 5yr old. (girl) which one???