Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

LEM 50?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 12:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LEM 50?

Grandpa racer,
How do you like your new Cayman? Where did you get it? If you dont mind telling how much was it?
Mike

Old 02-23-2003, 10:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default LEM 50?

Mike, we picked up our liquid cooled cayman from a dealer in CA, but it was a very subdued exchange (if you catch my drift!), we paid $2,500.00 which seems quite expensive for a 50cc but having already owned a 2002 Cayman I can state unequivically that there is no comparison between the two. Most of the problems with the air cooled model have been attended to on the liquid cooled model ie; overheating seems to be a thing of the past (we frequently visit the Imperial sand dunes), the new engine (a moto morini originally designed for scooters) has a CVT style transmission similar to Kasea's with electric start (my 4 year old grandaugter loves this as she can now start her own quad), the rear swingarm and soliod rear axle with a slightly larger disc brake are also a welcome addition and the front A-arms are a little better with less noticable camber, we replaced the goofy wheelbarrow tires with AC Racing hubs and snow hogs as well as installing Works Performance shocks all around and the thing has been performing flawlessly, now if I can find someone to help me sort out the ignition restrictor it would be unbelievable.

Old 02-24-2003, 08:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default LEM 50?

Grandpa thanks for the input. Im trying to decide between a 50 or a mini 50 for my 4 year old how tall is your granddaughter? I dont have many dealers in town to go put him on the quads that I am interested in. The closest LEM dealer is 7 hours away and thats what I am leaning towards it sounds like the liquid Cayman is the way to go. If you find out anything on the resrictor let us know. Did your 2002 have the new motor (s-6) if not does the s-6 correct overheating on the air cooled model? Thanks again.