Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

LEM 50?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 02:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LEM 50?

I am looking for a quad for my four year old boy. I've been checking them out for about 3 mo. the only one that I am interested in but havent been look at is the LEM. It seems to have the best suspention and is one of the lightest of the 50s but does anyone know how the single speed tranny compares with the cvts in most the others? Has any one owned one would love to here of any expriences good or bad.
thanks
Mike

Old 02-16-2003, 11:30 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default LEM 50?

Thanks for the input I was going to try to get him into racing to see how he liked it. Does the Cayman have an adjustable trottle to get him started on? Are all the new ones liquid cooled?I've heard the were going to liquid cooled and I read they changed the motor is that the change? Thanks again for the help.
Mike

Old 02-17-2003, 08:51 AM
Trailblazer
Default LEM 50?

Mxdad100, is there a foot brake on the new liquid-cool lem?

Old 02-17-2003, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default LEM 50?

I'll be getting my son a quad soon and it's down to the lt80. Predator 90, or the LEM. I've read in other threads that the LEM is no good in the sand. Is this true? I want him to be able to race if he wants to, but the whole family likes to ride Little Sahara as often as possible. Any suggestions?

Old 02-18-2003, 08:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default LEM 50?

Little sahara is dunes i take it.The lem for the dunes would have to be the liquid cayman it has 9hp in stock form and the bike pulls even with me on it and i'm 155lbs.This is the best out of the box mini that i have found.They are a bit pricey but you don't have to make any mods for it to do what you want except hubs to put on bigger tires and wheels.It is also oil inj,with electric start with a kick starter for back up but no headlight.you can get them in canada.the trans is more of a snowmobile style.We don't have dunes here but we do have some large sand pits and a mx track with deep sand like southwick and never had any problems with overheating or lack of power even in 30celcius days witch is about 95farenheight.i hope i been of some help.and as for racing this mini will smoke a lt80mod and pred90 right out of the box and it is set up for a younger child not a heavy 12+year old so the susp will work not bounce him/her off.

Old 02-18-2003, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider
Default LEM 50?

I can't take credit for this,
Jon Anderson of Trinity racing once said, "LEM's are so cheap they could not even afford to finish their name, LEMON."

Old 02-19-2003, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default LEM 50?

MXDAD100,

How can I get one of the liquid cooled Cayman's. Is it simply a matter of making a trip to Canada? Or are there any customs issues I might have to deal with. There's a LEM dealer nearby. I'll ask them if they have a way to get one also.

Old 02-19-2003, 11:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default LEM 50?

how many of the problems that I have been reading about have they fixed on the liquid Cayman i.e. axle, frame, ignition, overheating ect.. you guys read all the same stuff I do. What all has changed?

Old 02-20-2003, 12:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default LEM 50?

We raced it and practiced with it all last year and had no problems except we left the key on and killed the battery but the back up kicker worked perfect.The quad was flawless.We did however change to the snow hog,douglas combo and a uni filter to save time on cleaning filters.

Old 02-23-2003, 01:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default LEM 50?

To MXDAD100
we have recently acquired a new liquid cooled Cayman but it appears to have a rev limiter in the ignition as there were no restrictors in the intake or the exhaust, I tried calling the number you posted for cass cycle to see if they might be of some assistance since most US dealers are not familiar with this model, but after a few days of unsuccessful attempts I called directory assistance for Thunder Bay but was told they had no listing for cass cycle and development so any more help in contacting them would be appreciated because I think I'm missing about 6HP!