Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Polaris Sportman 90 Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2003, 12:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Sportman 90 Help!!!

I want my polaris sportman 90 to go 40 - 60 is that even posable? If so waht do i need to get that? Where can i find it and how much? My polaris is fully stocked no aftermarket Parts. Thanks

Old 02-22-2003, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

Do some searching on "Sportsman 90" and you should find some threads that will help. Searching on Mini ATV's in this forum will help too.

This topic has been covered several times.

Basically, though, in answer to your questions, there are modifications you can do to your engine, exhaust, transmission and suspension that will greatly improve your mini's performance. I've heard of mini's that can go 60mph so it's not out of the question. I'd consider some suspension mod's along with it, however, to be sure the machine can handle the speed.

Old 02-22-2003, 12:45 PM
Trailblazer

What would i do to the transmission that will help?

Old 02-22-2003, 01:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am kinda new at this too. But I know that there are plenty of upgrade parts.
You might want to read through the other threads asking about mods.

Old 02-22-2003, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

There are kits you can buy for the tranny that change it's engagement points and such. I won't pretend to understand it all.

Performance links for Kid sized ATVs....

Rhino accessories from Keen Perception (I ordered the oversized cylinder from them)
Mini Quad Racing
Mini ATV parts
Trinity Racing
Hetrick Racing
WRH racing

These are probably only scratching the surface, but they'll get you started. Be prepared to spend, though. Making a race ready mini cost almost as much, if not more than the mini cost originally!

Old 02-23-2003, 12:29 AM
Range Rover

If you want to go that fast, it would be cheaper to buy a Yamaha Blaster and have 2 quads. Just a thought. We have been very happy with our Sportsman, but when it's time for our son to go a little faster, we'll just buy him a bigger quad and pass the Sportsman on to our daughter.

Old 02-23-2003, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

Overkill has a very good point, too. No matter how much you modify a 90cc, it's unlikely to ever match a blaster in terms of suspension and potential (particularly with the Blaster's aftermarket).

I may do a few more mods to my 90, but then I have a few kids that can grow into it yet.

Old 02-23-2003, 10:24 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the input. My friend has a blaster is fast!! im still no to great on shifting from nuturel to 1st. Its hard for me. i mean i just want a little more speed. I think im going to change the piston and put a new pipe on it. Im only 12. I dont think im ready for the blaster. I got to learn how to use clutch first

Old 02-23-2003, 10:30 AM
Trailblazer

About how fast would it go if a put on 93 cc kit and a pipe and silencer and a trans kit? Mayeb wheel spacers for a little extra lengh it the wheel base?

Old 02-23-2003, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

Wheel spacers will improve the WIDTH, not the Wheelbase (that's the distance front to back). You'd need an extended swingarm to improve the wheelbase.

With the oversized cylindar my kids report an increase in power, but the top speed has been unaffected. Adding a pipe will probably further increase the power. Speed, I believe, is limited more by the transmission than the engine.

Quick Reply: Polaris Sportman 90 Help!!!