Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kawasaki KFX 50, Polaris Scrambler 50, Suzuki Quadsport 50

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 08:28 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki KFX 50, Polaris Scrambler 50, Suzuki Quadsport 50

I am considering one of these three 50's for my son, who is going to turn 7. I am not really concerned about him outgrowing it too quick, because my daughter just turned 5 and she should will be able to ride it. The Polaris is $1850 out the door and it comes with a helmet. The Suzuki is $2000 and Kawasaki is $1675. If it was your money and child what bike would you buy them? Thank you in advance. I really don't have a Kasea or Eton Dealer close by or I might consider one of them.

Old 03-11-2003, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer

My opionion is to go with the Polaris but I don't know your dealers. I think all the kids quads will be suitable but make sure your dealer will stand behind them. I'm sure that you will make the right choice and when you do what a blast them kids will have. We've had our little SP 90 a week now and he's been on it every night good thing the wheather is starting to break or I think I might get frostbite from trying to chase that thing around to make sure he's "ok" as his mom says. Oh well gives me good reason to ride mine.lol

Old 03-11-2003, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

The Polaris is your best bet of the three.

Old 03-12-2003, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

I would go the kawasaki, like stated above it is a rebadged suzuki. Also why is the dealer selling the suzuki above retail. Retail price is $1800 I believe. I would think the price would be the same on the kawi as they are the same machine.

I have the 50, have had it for about a year and a half, just bumped my son up to an 80 and the 50 has been great. It has never let me down, runs great.

Bat

Old 03-12-2003, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

what 80 did you buy and how much are they going for

Old 03-13-2003, 11:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

I went with the Scrambler 90 for my son ,he was 7 at the time. We have had it for over a year now with no problems at all. Electric start (kick start back up) auto choke, oil injection (no premixing gas),easy to operate, low maintainance. My 15 year old has a blast on it. Go with the 90 and use the throttle limiter to control the power.

Old 03-13-2003, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cc1999
what 80 did you buy and how much are they going for
If you were directing this to me, I bought a Kawasaki kfx 80. It is the same as the lt 80. I got it for $2100 + 5.5 % tax.

My son has an lt50, and has pretty much outgrown it. But the 80 is just right, and with it all choked up is about as fast as the 50 uncorked. I did not do any mods to the 50, just took out the exhaust limiter and opened up the throttle limiter.

I think the polaris machines look great, and probably are great. My dealer would not even talk to me becuase they new how old my son was. We bought his 50 when he was 4, and now he is getting ready to turn 6 we bought the 80. They were so concerned with the age limits they said sorry. I said sorry, and went down the street.

My son will be 6 in one month, he is 50 inches tall and 85-90 pounds. He is a solid little guy, but not really little for his age. I am grooming him for the nfl........lol

Anyway, he learned very well on the 50, and I feel confident with him on the 80 now. He is a natural at it. Rides better then me in a lot of ways. It is fun to watch the natural instinct come out in him. Leaning and shifting his body weight to control the machine. Fun to watch.

sorry to ramble, I really enjoy riding with my son and wife, and these machines have been great. Not to say others arent, this is just my experience.

Bat

Old 03-14-2003, 10:28 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i have a 87 Lt-80 that i found cheap it is in excellent shape, being that old i thought it might have, problems once in awhile, the word never comes to mind. i have a honda 90 and it never has a problem. both of these machine were used when i got them, so i don't know what they were put through , the honda might have had a hard life, the suzuki i think got put in the barn and never rode, but it is now. wel the point is i never have problems with these machines. i bought a brand new ds 90 and not that any thing is wrong with it but you can tell it isn't the machine the other two are. it is a trailer queen and the kids like to run to the bathroom on it. the suzuki my daughter rides hard, and it asks for more. well on to your question, some friend bought there son a polaris 50 nice little quad and man does that kid ride it, the power looked good from watching, and after some bugs in the beginning it seemed to be a really well put togehter machine well 6 months go by and the quad is still standing, and that is amazing considering the way the little guy rides (full throttle). well shortly there after it has had to go to the shop every month. the parents were very pleased at first but are now thinking they would perferr another kind. i know you will find as many more storys about happy owners of other quads, but i bought two others before the suzuki and for general riding like a kid will do the suzuki seems to be the winner hands down, i know guys talk about race this and race that, and for racing the other brands might have a edge, but for going and loading up the quads and going riding all day, you know the suzuki will be there for your kid. that is the other thing to consider is kids just ride they don't know something is wrong until it stops running. oh and your kid not being able to ride really ruins your ride also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] just my thoughts on it

Old 03-18-2003, 07:04 AM
Pro Rider

The DRR is a great machine also.

Old 02-27-2004, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

Have had our Scramlber 50 over a year and have had some minor problems. Do have a short in the parking brake that keeps the electric start from working sometimes but it was easy to trace. One advantage is the ergonomics - he will fit in the saddle for years. Even an adult can ride this one without knees hitting the bars. Not so with some other brands. Is rated at 90 lbs max but even a kid that big will be comfortable. Even my 11 yr old daughter still fits on it. The air box does sit low and needs some type of sealant if he'll spend much time in the water. One big advantage unless other models have followed suit - kick start back up. Also, chain is very easy to adjust. I think one of the ATV mags did a "shootout" with these small quads I just can't remember which one. Also, check Yamaha's website - new Raptor 50 coming very soon - 4 stroke, shaft drive maybe.

Quick Reply: Kawasaki KFX 50, Polaris Scrambler 50, Suzuki Quadsport 50