Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Which kid quad to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 10:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which kid quad to buy?

The Kasea's have a double front head light and tail light kit that is pre fitted and plugs right into the wirte harness as well as front and rear rack availible. The Kasea lists for 2100.00 but www.dirtrides sells them for 1875.00 all day long.

Reverse, It is not proven on a cvt trans and what small kids need reverse? I would wait until it is proven reliable!

Old 03-18-2003, 11:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well now I have to add another possiblity to the list!!! Just checked out their site and looked pretty impressive. How does the Kasea compare to the Dinli? Do you think both of these companies are in this for the long haul? I hope to pass these down to my brothers kids in 5 or so years and want to be sure I can get parts for them. A local dealer has a a 2002 Dinli 601 demo model for $1350 or a 2003 Kasea Skyhawk for $1799. What do ya think? Does the Dinli have a rear foot brake? This is probably one on the most important features I can think any kid needs. My buddys kid rides a 2000 polaris and its flat dangerous the kid can't stop or tries to apply the brake while applying more gas! For the models w/out footbrakes has anyone modified and added one?

Old 03-18-2003, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

The fact of no foot break is a good point . Thats the only thing I wish the predator 90 had. The dealer where I got mine also carries Kasea and Suzuki. The Suzuki was high priced especially for what you got. and the parts guy told me that they have had a hard time getting parts for the Kasea in the past. I don't know if thats true or not but why make it up If they sell them all?

Old 03-19-2003, 07:31 AM
Trailblazer

The 2002 Dinli was crap they have made a lot of changes to copy the Kasea on thier new 2003s but still have no rear foot break.
Like I said, Kasea has the rear foot break and has been around for a long time leading the way for all to follow in its technoligy.

I would never put my kid on a quad that did not have a foot break!!!!

Old 03-19-2003, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

MMAc I think the Breeze is a waste of money for what you get. The Honda is the most reliable quad out there. The copies, some are OK. The chinese engines are my only question mark on the DRR, and others. Someone ask about the National Motors machine. It's the same as the DRR. What ever you need go through a DRR rep.

The Dinli Helix with reverse has had enough time on it now for me to say it is good. Does a kid need reverse? That is up to you. I like reverse myself. Does it have foot brakes? No, It is a hand disk brake. I wish it had a foot disk brake but given the choice, I like the fact that the disk can stop a wide open machine. The drums I can't say will. I'm sure the Kasea dealers will tell you they can.

Not sure about the crap comment from Achy. The Dinli changed the A-Arms to the same style the Kasea uses for 2003. I thought the Kasea's had the old E-Ton style A-Arms in 2002 also. I do not know for sure because we don't run Kaseas. The ones before where OK, but the new ones are better.

DRR is stepping up in June with Liquid cooled 90's. The engine is suppose to be good and reliable but that remains to be seen. I am suppose to get one of the first. We will run it and let ya'll know how the reliablity is.

Old 03-19-2003, 10:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info and keep me posted. I won't be buying anything until I sell the current LC's. Just trying to do my homework and make the best purchase possible. All of the input from everyone has been great, many thanks! The DRR info timing couldnt be better. I need rear brake parts for the National Motors quad! Been searching for parts for the past 2 weeks! Was starting to think I'd have to adapt from another manufacturer!

Old 03-19-2003, 11:40 AM
Trailblazer

The Kasea has had the best built double clevis arms on the market for the past 3 years, that is why Dilini has now copied the Kasea.

Old 03-19-2003, 12:58 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: TRexTommy51
MMAc I think the Breeze is a waste of money for what you get.
How are you basing your opinion on the Yamaha Breeze.

From what I have seen under real use situations this is not the case.

I do agree with you On the Honda Sportrax 90 and the suggested retail is $500.00 cheaper

Chet

Old 03-19-2003, 02:26 PM
Trailblazer

You really must fit the kids to the quad so I suggest you take him and set him on which quad fits him the best. Then look at buying the best! Never buy a quad for your kid to grow into as you are asking for them to get hurt.

Old 03-19-2003, 04:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

The National Motors 90cc he is currently riding is an exact copy of the Honda TRX 90but with electric start and disk brakes. It fits him well and he contols it well. So the machine will be in that size catagory. The issue of shifting isn't a problem. What I am interested in is a quality built machine, good long term parts support, and something that doesn't require you to fiddle with it everytime you go to ride. The NC 90 has been a great machine, very dependable but the company went out of business with no parts support. I thought the Long Changs would be OK the sales pitch sure was good and they are selling the heck out of them on ebay. But you are always working on them. That was before I ran across this forum which has been quite informative and educational. As soon as I'm able to unload these LC's I'll be buying!!!! My current top 5 in no particular order are Honda TRX90, Kasea Skyhawk, Denli Diamonback, Breeze, DRR 90GT. If the Honda had electric start I might end the search there! Does anyone know of an aftermarket kit for the TRX90? Any additional comments on my top 5? Thanks

Quick Reply: Which kid quad to buy?