KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Now you can't give them away...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Now you can't give them away...

I bet that dude paid 1/2 that to pay his buddie to bump up the bid for Him ! Rotflmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-12-2003, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

With the new Yamaha out for around 7,200 OTD not one person has complained that it is to expensive. It's more than a Cannibal was and almost what the speed was. All that money and no EFI, no Aluminum Frame, etc, etc.

It continues to amaze me about what people will complain about. The funny thing is it won't win any shoot outs cause of the PRICE. I see the Z-400 still the winner. LOL

Smitty

Rock,

I saw your quad on E-bay going for about 30% of retail. Hopefully it wasn't all the penny's in your bank.

Old 06-13-2003, 02:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey ROCKHEAD!!!!!!!!!!

www.cdaleparts.com (countdown to launch is on) Most all Cannondale parts in stock and plenty more being made.

Parts problem a?? what parts problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-13-2003, 03:10 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: hwyTOhell1988
im gonna have to step in on this.. the c-dale might be more technical and faster than a mojave but atleast it is able to stay in the buissness for 17+years and will keep on going, ill bet that you can get a brand new mojave and a new
dale and the mojave will always be runnin and youll be finnin the dale jmo
I don't think Kawasaki ever relied on the mighty Mojave as it's flagship model.

Old 06-13-2003, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CANNIBAL440
Originally posted by: predator530
too bad c-dale went out of bizz it was a good quad i give c-dales an aaa++++ for valiant efforts if they would have come down on price i might have bought one

The amount of ignorance around here lately is disgusting. If Cannondale lowered the price they would have gone out of buisness much sooner than they did. They weren't making a profit selling at the prices the way they were. Aluminum frames, EFI, Ohlins Shocks, and other assorted components cost many times what the Jap bikes come with. If you want the best, you have to pay. Unfortunately, alot of people don't see that. One final point; if they did make a cheaper quad, and put cheaper crap on the quad to be price competitive, then what would be so special about a Cannondale? They just didn't have the resources to overcome the startup costs.
you are correct the amount of ignoance around here is disgusting. re-read the post moron if they were cheaper i would have bought one instead i bought a race ready predator for around 3000.00 less than your c-dale

Old 06-13-2003, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

So you paid $3500 for a "Race Ready" ( ROFLMAO) Predator????? Then what are the "alota mods" for????? If it's race ready, then you don't need no stinkin mods! If you read his sig, it states he has a Cannibal....which are $6500........Who's the Retard now?

NEXT

Old 06-13-2003, 03:57 PM
Range Rover

Yes, I do have a cannibal, and I paid $5900 OTD for it BEFORE Cannondale closed down. This was also BEFORE the predator existed, however the predator would not be the machine for me( too heavy, and it's a Polaris). Also Mr. Moron stated that if they were cheaper, he would have bought one. Well all I can say, is that statement is further evidence of the lack of intelligence in some people around here. If a Cannondale Moto was cheaper, I would have bought one! If a Ferrari was cheaper, I would buy one. If 48" plasma T.Vs were cheaper.........

Get it? If they were cheaper, they wouldnt be what they are! They are an excellent value considering what goes into them. Too good as it turns out.

Old 06-13-2003, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

I just talked to an ex-Cannondale dealer and he said toward the end of there production they were selling the quads for LESS than were stuck in them. So for just a figure, say they stuck $7000 into one to make it they were selling them for say $67-6800. He said this is the main reason they went out of business because it all added up to millions of dollars.

Old 06-13-2003, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahh Dipsh!ts, i.e. 250R, MX rookie and 911 try reading before makinf an *** of yourselves. Its called a reserve, the bids didn't meet it. Jackasses.

Rookie, are you referring to me and the EFI thread? If so explain?

Old 06-13-2003, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

That's right -

You know what that means - no one was willing to pay the reserve. Which means the highest someone was willing to pay was approx $1100.

A machine's only worth what someone's willing to pay.

What part of that do you not understand?

Quick Reply: Now you can't give them away...