KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Now you can't give them away...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Now you can't give them away...

Alaska YFM did this in another thread and it made me laugh.....

THUD!.................................. the sound of the bottom dropping out the resale value for Cannondale quads now that the YZF 450 has been introduced.

Old 06-06-2003, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that sound was from a Mojave on the sales floor I heard the almost had to give them away. Well looks like some fools will buy anything.

Why do you care about the resale of a Cannondale unless you want one. It's more quad now than what you own, and more expensive than you can fix.

Rock you kill me, if you ever have a positive thought or an origanial on could you please post that instead.

Thanks

Smitty

I'll be a LACR MX track racing this Sat on my Cannondale where will you be?

Old 06-06-2003, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

I'll be in Alaska. Is your track nearby? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Please PM me when somebody steps up to start building your POS quad again.

Old 06-07-2003, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

sheeeshus, you are an anusholus. I can buy any quad i want, so can Smitty, so can a lot of other 'dale owners.
I choose to make the CANNON my quad, and pay to keep her going. What's your excuse for riding a POS?

C'mon smart guy, put your money where your mouth is and be the first to buy one of those YFZ's. That's what i thought......chicken!

Old 06-08-2003, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rockrider
Alaska YFM did this in another thread and it made me laugh.....

THUD!.................................. the sound of the bottom dropping out the resale value for Cannondale quads now that the YZF 450 has been introduced.

Yeah, I like to poke fun at the diehard Honda boys (formerly being one and all). I would have done it here but I have a lot of respect for the C'dale boys and I came really really close to buying a Blaze. Cannondale had the right idea, but they just couldn't keep it off the ground. It is too bad really... I wonder if the C'dales will actually appreciate in value-- aluminum frame, EFI, Ohlins suspension... still can't buy that anywhere else.

Old 06-08-2003, 05:43 AM
Pro Rider

ryanstones,
I won't be first in line to buy a YFZ 450. Why? Look at the 1st year Raptor, look at the 1st year Banshee, look at the 1st year Warrior. Yamaha doesn't have a good track record. I'll keep my reliable Mo until the dust settles and I can see who comes out with what.

Have fun with your Dale, another example of why I wait. I don't remember an improved Dale coming out this year. Oh yeah, that's right, they went out of business. Darn and how I regret riding my so called POS instead of jumping on the FX400 or Cannibal when they were all the rage.

Old 06-08-2003, 08:36 AM
Pro Rider

That's just what i'm talkin about dude! It's easy to be critical in hindsight when you still have your money in your pocket. 2 years ago when i wanted a high performance quad, I said ,heck with waiting for Honda! So i stepped up, put my money on the line and got 250 hours, 1 year of the lightest, fastest most thrilling ride available without problems. The honda (and mojave) guys are STILL waiting. How much was all that thrill worth!>? I'd pay 10k to not have to ride a warrior and i'd shoot myself before I 'waited' on a mojove!

What do i care about resale value? This hobby ain't the "investment" so many guys refer to. My 01 yammies lost 1/2 there value in 2 years. Huh, so did my 'dale. What's the difference? Well yea, I got to ride the lightning man!!!! It was worth it to me, and it still is and I got what i paid for! And i don't have to sit back(covered in roost) all safe on my 1980's quad and laugh at rider's who were bold enough to take a chance.

I'd much rather take a chance and lose than never get the thrill at all. Funny though, I didn't lose. My CANNON will STILL make my hair stand up.

Old 06-08-2003, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys , Its pretty cool that someone would say that the 426 is the dale replacement. That would mean they admit that dales were the top dog for the last 3 years. Its real easy to kick someone when they are down isnt it. I just came back from the atv mx races in Tigerton wisconsin and from what I saw what wheeler you are driving really makes little difference in racing. In one race a guy on a moto was over half a lap in front of every other tricked out quad and in the another a raptor actually lapped some of the slower riders including a cannibal.
Here are some questions to ponder
If this new yamaha is as great as the HYPE is this an admission that the raptor and the banshee needed a replacement?
Do you think people are going to buy these right away knowing about the yamaha first year tradition of problems and lack of customer support with every quad they ever made?
Do you think dirt wheels still rate the suzuki the best high performance quad because it is several thousand dollars less than the yamaha. ( they did it to the dale)
Is the 426 going to be reliable enough to last in a quad?
Acording to the yamaha web site this quad has a number of firsts like a spark plug coil built into the head. Aluminum subframe,performance shocks,high strength frame.( the dales had this 3 years ago)

I personally like the bragging about the throttle sensor on the carburator, the carburator, I guess they still dont have the ***** to put fuel injection on but they dont have any problems charging $7,000 for a carbed quad.Electronic carburators were dropped in cars 15 years ago.

Dont get me wrong ,I think the 426 will easily out perform all the 400ex , z400,kfx,and raptors and equal to the dales,predators and gas gas but if you guys think it will be far better than the competion you will be disapointed. Its a marketing thing.

Im still bitter over spending my youth driving (the 80s and 90s) driving those slow poor handling quads that came from all the major quad makers which is why I purchased my speed from a true innovator.Its a spite thing. Since several aftermarket companies are starting to make replacement parts for my cannondale Im going to keep it until its truely outdated when alloy frames and fuel injection are the norm.

Old 06-08-2003, 07:47 PM
Range Rover

Yamaha does blatantly false advertise about having "industry firsts" such as the coil-on-plug, and when the raptor was their top dog, they called it the highest revving atv available, even though all the Cannondales revved higher. The new quad does look like it's worth a look though.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2003, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

I felt the same way as Ryan.I was tired of waiting for a new Honda.I didn't even have a though about any Yamaha 450's coming out soon.At that time I would have never thought Yamaha would have beat honda on getting one out.But I bought a dale nowing the big 4 would build something to compeat sooner or later.Was I willing to wait.NO!

Now that the new yfz is out I am still glad I got what I got.It handles great and has plenty power for me.I figure I will give it a over haul this summer and give it he!! for atleast one more year.It has treated me very well since I have had it and I have raced this bike ALOT.A little pre maintence and they treat you right.

Anyways I cant wait to line them up and have some FUN!

Quick Reply: Now you can't give them away...