KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

how does moto stack up against yfz in a drag?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default how does moto stack up against yfz in a drag?

come on guys please be honest..moto vs a yfz with pipe and filter

Old 09-02-2003, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YFZ-Pipe,No lid,cam mod,jetting,18in.turftamers,15-40 gearing.
Cannondale-Moto map,Big Gun exhaust,18in.turftamers,14-39 gearing.
On asphalt road

1-4 gears it is too close to call sometimes Dalewins sometime Yamaha.Once you get to fifth the Cannondale pulls away fairly fast everytime.

Old 09-02-2003, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

DUDE,
I SMOKE them YFZ's by 700 yards in a 300 foot drag[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Ask TESTER he will tell ya.

Old 09-02-2003, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

Seariously, I have only seen them race twice on mx and they do well in the power department. I think it going to be very close and would come down to the rider.

Old 09-02-2003, 09:32 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

mxmike- I will let you know when I get mine ready. I have a feeling it will be very close in power, but the handling is whats going to set it apart. Not that my Cannondale didnt handle good though. I just like my cr500 linkage on my Walsh over a no-link and as you can see the YFZ linkage is very similar to it. Oh yea what race are you talking about in the other post? stqra?

Also, Sept. 13 & 14 there is a race at Swan in Tyler, TX. All that are not scared come out and race the pro class with me!!!!

Old 09-02-2003, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

The ones I saw were rode buy a 13 and 14 year old. They tossed it around it the air pretty good but it had way to much power for them on the ground.

I think yours will be sweet!

I heard Ryan had a tricked out yfz at the last AX.Everybody said its the sheit.

The race I was talking about is this weekend on the 6th at 3 palms. The STQRA is putting it on. I think there is a TQRA the next day some were else. I sold my moto front end and I was suposed to have my new one 2 weeks ago and I dont so I will be stuck raceing a stock front end,lol. You think I can hang with the pro class? I was up in the air about that. I believe I am in shape for it FINALLY. The only thing I was woried about is the crappy front end.

Old 09-03-2003, 09:07 AM
Pro Rider

I will be first to admit that the ergos(feel)of the YFZ are the best I have ever seen.The feel of it is better than a 250r it feels light and is so easy to move around on.I have always thought the Cannondale felt heavier than it actually is.I dont know if it is the plastic or the weight bias front to back.The only thing the YFZ is lacking is topend speed which will probably be addressed with a higher rev limiter.Of course axle and A-arms would also be needed for MX.

Old 09-03-2003, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

mrp
whats up dude. we would love to make that texas race but that is to soon. maybe we can make one in october. i have only seen the yamaha in action once. our last race at rock hill there was one there. he pulled the holeshot both times but made mistakes in the corners where josh got by him both motos to take the win on a borrowed STOCK raptor.

so now you back to getting the now yamaha or have you got it already ????????
we should get the ex back in a couple of days and am looking forward to getting josh back out there on his own quad. give me a holler.

Mark

Old 09-05-2003, 10:59 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

mxmike- Ryan got one before Lorreta's. He has a-arms, axle, pipe, you know the usual things on it. I have not seen it in person but he will be racing it at Tyler next weekend. Hey there is only one way to see if you can run the pro class...... run it. As long as your having fun it doesnt matter how you do. Tyler is also the easiest track I have ever rode on.

markvette- I might have one or two sitting in my garage. I got a few secrets up my sleeve for next years Nationals in the 250A and 250 Pro-Am classes.

Old 09-06-2003, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

hey mrp long time no see or speak, lol. so, how is the yzf measuring up against the cdale? does it handle and feel alot better (or lighter). how was your season in the nationals? i thouight i might see you at loretta lynns but i didn't. i have not ridden a yzf yet but i heard they lack low end power like the cdales have, have you noticed that on yours? and i find it hard to believe a cdale would pull anything in 5th gear, my cdale will barely pull itself in 5th gear it seems.

anyway, i rode last weekend for the first time in 7 months. i got a whole 20 to 30 hours on my cdale now, wheea. lol
markvette, have yaw had any luck finding a race quad yet? there seems to be alot of them for sale now.

mxmike, what type of front end are you getting? anyone tried the new lone star spindle/t-pin conversion yet?
well, my friend steve is still waiting for his 350 power vavle to be completed, i have put his new areans frames together and am waiting on the motor that should of been here two weeks ago. maybe it will come next week and we can go riding again and get that cdale up over 30 hrs. lol

Quick Reply: how does moto stack up against yfz in a drag?