KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Dinli drops the other shoe...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 12:55 AM
The Facility
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dinli drops the other shoe...

Hey Lewis. Been a while.

I spoke to the Dinli rep from our area last week and he assured me that there would be at least two models to "test the waters" this summer. The Cannibal and the Speed.

The only concrete info he knew was that the frame is now a one piece cast aluminum unit with few welds, completely different plastic, and that the engine [with the exception of reliabilty improvements] was the same as the engine used in the Cannondale models but that some high dollar forged parts were replaced with cast.

He couldn't give me an approximate release date, price, or anything.

I am trying to work out a deal with them currently as a parts dealer only and not have to deal with the major units. Time will tell.

I haven't made any definite plans to go to Indy yet, but if I do, I will let you know.

Patrick

Old 01-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dinli drops the other shoe...

I am planning to go to the dealer show. I am an ex-Cannondale dealer. We picked up ATK for the parts and Dinli since for the bikes. After dealing with both companies I feel they are going to do a great job helping out the Cannondale owners and making new ones under their names. ATK is currently taking back the old Cannondales and doing some updates and selling them as 04 ATKs as well as designing new machines using Cannondale technology, but not the whole units. At least that is what they told me. Dinli is planning on making a set of prototypes by Indy and selling units by mid summer. Dinli does make great kids atvs. Since picking them up in November we have sold more than twenty without one single problem. The quality seems to be right up there with the big 4. I can't wait until the Indy show to see the new prototypes. It seems they have a good start with the Cannondale customers that are already out there. I really liked the people at Cannondale, I regularly went riding with some of the sales reps and engineers who built and sold those machines and they were all really nice people. They put their hearts into their products. It is too bad they ran out of money. Some of those guys were sent to the bicycle plant. Some of those guys got jobs with Dinli and other companies.