KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Natalie & Little on FX at MT Morris

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2001, 11:36 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JON NATALIE AND LITTLE WERE BOTH RIDING FX'S AT MT MORRIS TODAY, NATALIE WENT DOWN DURING THE HOLESHOT WITH 2 OTHER RIDERS IN THE FIRST MOTO, THE SECOND HE AND LITTLE FINISHED NEAR THE END OF THE PACK, NOT A GOOD DAY FOR THE FX'S. WHAT I NOTICED ABOUT BOTH FX'S WAS THE NARROW FRONT AND REAR , AS IF THE WERE NOT USING +2 ARMS AND AXLE, IT LOOKED LIKE HE WAS GIVING IT HIS ALL AROUND THE CORNERS BUT IT WANTED TO TIP OVER , LIKE I SAID THIS IS MY OPINION , IF ANYONE CAN BACK ME UP ON THIS I WOULD LIKE YOU TO DO SO.

Old 06-27-2001, 12:35 PM
Trailblazer

One thing I did notice as good coverage for the Cannondales at Mt. Morris was that Natalie was jumping the huge step-up double that the top pros were only attempting. I figured if a stock Cannondale had the power to clear it that the rest of the pros were jumping it on their 20,000$ race quads, then it must have something behind it. Like wms1145 said, the stock width was holding them back. I think they would have posted better finishes if the chassis had been widened and lenghtened.

Old 06-27-2001, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer

YEAH YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THE POWER OF THE FX, LOOKED TO ME LIKE IT PULLED HARD EVERYWHERE, ESPECIALLY UP THOSE HILLS, I'M DEFINATLY NOT DENYING THE POWER. I JUST DON'T THINK THEY ARE GONNA BE WHERE THEY WANT TO BE WITH THE FRONT AND REAR WIDTHS. I SAW NATALIE EARLY BEFORE THIS SEASON STARTED , HE WAS AT A VERY SMALL INSIDE EVENT IN HARRISBURG PA, HE SAID HE BORROWED JIMMY ELZA'S LONESTAR R ( NAC'S)WHILE HE WAS GETTING BETTER FROM AN INJURY, HE WAS FAST AND JUMPING EVERYTHING THEY HAD , A VERY BIG TRIPLE. THEY ALSO HAD A FREESTYLE EVENT FOR THE BIKES AND THE QUADS OVER THAT TRIPLE, I BELIEVE HE WON THAT JUST THAT FACT THAT HE DID IT ON A QUAD.I SAW CANNONDALE IS COMING OUT WITH A NEW MOTO 440 , ALREADY RACE READY , MABYE THEY NEED TO GET ONE OUT THERE TO THOSE 2 GUYS I'M SURE THEY WOULD APPRECIATE THE WIDER STANCE. DID YOU NOTICE THAT NATALIE WAS RUNNING A BIG GUN SILENCER?

Old 07-05-2001, 12:50 PM
Trailblazer

I'm a Nashville TN based Cannondale dealer and helped get the Cannondale that Keith Little is now riding (it came from my invetory). I seen the bike before they left for the race and was very impressed with what they had done to a bike in less than a week with no aftermarket support. They adapted 400ex a-arms and Custom Axis shocks all the way around as well as made nerf bars and removed unnecessary plastic making for one very trick FX. I know they struggled with the setup because there was no way at the time to widen the rear of the quad. The front was wider and that helped but the rear needed it also. The impression they gave me the FX was as fast as anything on the track, they just need some time to dial it in.
If anyone reading these Cannondale posts are curious about the power and potential of the quads you need to go to your nearest dealer and ride one for yourself. They are impressive to say the least.

Shawn Gooch
America's Motor Sports
Nashville Tn

Old 07-06-2001, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

Wow, thats really cool. I am anxious to see the new cannon get some mods, and run up front with the big boys. (I have a two stroke, but am happy to see the rise of four strokes).

Old 07-09-2001, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

John Natalie was at Southwcik MA this past Sunday riding a red Cannondale. I did not get a chance to look at the quad closely to see if it was wider or not. I would have to guess it was because he was flying on the track.

While Southwick does not have many huge jumps, it will rough you up quite well. Our local series has a pro rider (Pete Carlotto) who is really fast. I would say he is the fastest out of all the "regular" riders. Battles with Mike Walsh when they both show up. Natalie took the overall for the day (2-1) finish. Crashed in the first moto and went wire to wire in the second moto. The speed that Natalie rode at this track would indicate that the quad is dialed in.