KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

moded raptor vs. moded canondale???

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This isnt to argue more about the C-dale and raptor, its to the guy who posted the raptor price as 5895. I was just wondering where you got that price, and was that what they had on the sticker or did you do a little dealing? I only ask because of the 2 yamaha dealers within an hour of here, the cheapest sticker price of the two was 6895, the other was 69?? I dont remember exactly. I tried to get both down, the guys that wanted 69?? would go to 6850 and the others would go the same, so a far cry, actually a grand from what you quoted.
I would probably be interested in a new raptor for that cost for trail riding, as a tricked out MX 250r isnt the best trail maching known to man. And reverse would be nice =)

Also to the guy who started this thread, there is a raptor in my local trader selling a raptor for 5200 w/skidplates, the yamaha racing exhaust and renthals. There is also a C-dale for sale for 7200 with a set of turf tamers on 190's and mx holeshot fronts also on 190's.

Old 08-13-2001, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

rhino99,

Chicago Cycle Center is selling 2001 Raptors for $5895.- plus tax title prep, etc. OTD price? I can't say.

HYRO (Honda Yamaha of River Oaks in Lansing, IL, I will bet you they will sell you a 2001 brand new Raptor for less then 6200.- OTD If you want a name at Hyro let me know, I would be happy to help a felllow atv'er out.

Hope to have helped, let me know if you need a name.

Swy

Old 08-19-2001, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

Why would anyone even want a 2001 Raptor? Gimme a 2002 at this point!

Old 08-19-2001, 11:36 AM
Trailblazer

Cheaper and unchanged from the 2002.

Moto24
'01 FX400
'98 Kawi ZX-9R
'90 Kawi ZX-7 (superbike)
'84 VF750R
'80 Kawi KZ650

Old 08-19-2001, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

Acually in that drag race it was 454cc 13.8:1 Piston.

And think about it this way buying a cannondale compared to buying a Raptor is like buy a bently instead of a mercedes. Your getting more quad for your money.

Old 08-19-2001, 12:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

As moto24 said. Raptor is unchanged for 2002. Who wants a bike that the manufacturer isn't consitantly striving for perfection and supremacy! If you're a person willing to settling for less out of a quad and out of the manufacturer, then the raptor is a good choice.

Old 08-20-2001, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

OK, well you guy keep talking about state of the art design and stuff.... all this means to me is, state of the art high payments when you wad your fuel injection machine on a real big wreck. I would like to see you try gusting and welding your cast aluminum frame back together. Guess what, it ain't going to happen! so you may find out that you will be purchasing a whole new frame. And if your out of warranty because warranties deffinately don't last for ever then your coming out of pocket. There is a reason why the other manufactures haven't gone to higher priced components in there ATV's like fuel injection. Think about it now... dealers such as suzuki, honda, and yamaha have been playing with sportbikes and fuel injection for the last couple of years now, do you honestly think they haven't already thought about adding fuel injection in the 400ex or raptor before. My guess is that they don't think people are willing to pay the extra 1,000.00 or so for fuel injection when it may or may not benefit the bike at all and it just may make it a heck of alot harder to fix when it breaks. And until Cannondale can get 49hp just like the raptor and bomb can for around a measily $500-600.00 I will sticking to my higher hp friends.

Old 08-20-2001, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer

Your argument has changed throughout this whole topic you started, first it was whining about the price and hoping C-dale would hear you and bring the price down so you could afford one within your budget. Then you changed your whole tune and have tried to bash them because you can't.

Those other companies have gotten away with selling you low-tech ATV's for years is because they don't push each other, ATV's are at the end of the food chain when it comes to importance or had been, also lawsuits didn't help with development over the years. More technology is trickling down though, wait a few years and see what Honda will have in the motorcycle engines, it's existing technology in F1 and passenger cars. You know how old the 660 Raptor engine is? Bombadier was the only company willing to use race bred engines in the Rotax.
Now C-dale pushed the envolope even further but you can't live with that. And I guarantee you will see the BIG FOUR will follow suit as soon as next year, and the prices will go up accordingly.

And hp figures don't mean much, it's a nice fuzzy warm thing you can show all your buddies, but it's the over all package that matter, I like power-to-weight, throttle response and torque. Even one of the mags, not that I give them much credince, had the C-dale making more hp than the Raptor on their dyno and I believe the Raptor even had a pipe. Even C-dales site has the Raptor making more power than their bike, so dynos aren't good for getting accurate #'s when comparing diffrent ATV's or motorcycles. They are good for getting baseline #'s and seeing where improvments have been made and making adjustments.

And if you ask any tuner or racer if they had a choice of fuel injection or carbs I'll bet atleast 9 of 10 would choose fuel injection. Fuel injection has had trouble with some bikes, GSXR's had trouble with it at first and Triumph probably had one of the biggest duds with the TT600 and its FI but it works on Hondas F4i and Kawi's ZX-12 and C-dale's FX400 and thier motocrossers, FI is the present and future for all types of motorcycling, get used to it.

Moto24
'01 FX400
'98 Kawi ZX-9R
'90 Kawi ZX-7 (superbike)
'84 VF750R
'80 Kawi KZ650

Old 08-21-2001, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

Do you guys think you'll EVER get this pissing match settled??? Enough already!

Old 08-22-2001, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

alright im goin to try and get someone to fuel inject my raptor alright then we will see hahaha that the pissy fit begin becuase unlike some poeple im goin to take my time modding my quad and i will have a very nice quad alright a cannondale is sweet but it looks like a horese a$$ i like my raptor but i hate the handling and u know what a cannondale fx40 is just the same they both dont handle worth $hit when there stock what dou expect and another thing u wait till them aluminum frames start cracking in mx cannondale might have light weight and all th good stuff but if u refer to their bikes and dirtbikes they are not good quality they might be fast but they dont last long

Quick Reply: moded raptor vs. moded canondale???