KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Ellis is the man...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2002, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to give props to Cannondale for their second place finish at the first Pro Quad Stadium race of the year. If Cannondale doesn't sponsor Kory Ellis... they should! I think that it rocks that he can win on a fairly stock machine. Sure it has aftermarket suspension components, but I guess the engine was stock!

Old 01-15-2002, 08:46 AM
Pro Rider

I called Johnny Hale to see how he did and he said of course that Cory took second but that another C'dale rider was actually going to finish very high as well until he crashed, I could not remember who Johnny said it was. You talk about impressive advertising for C'dale, a second place finish in the first race this year!! Does anyone know a good web site to track the results of the stadium series for the quads, I could not find any info this past weekend for the race in St. Louis, thanks!!

Old 01-15-2002, 06:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Briansgi, the other rider was Jeremy Schell on the Cannondale. It does run good, I rode Jeremy's Cannondale last week, he's only ridden it himself two or three times before the race. Cory Ellis and I drag raced while practicing and my YZ426F powered 400EX is also bone stock, and we were dead even. But then I realized mine wasn't revving out like normal due to forgetting to swap the main jet out of my 330R carb into the YZF after swapping engines, oops too much gas. I didn't have the other carb with me, so we never checked them with mine properly jetted. But the Cannondale and YZF are very close while both are stock. I did notice the YZ has more bottom end, while the Cannondale should be revved like 2-stroke. Jeremy kept telling me to rev his bike more than I was, but I am just used to the YZF.

Old 01-16-2002, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Well first of all as everyone can imagine I'm glad Ellis did so well. I never thought that he wouldnt do well, but I'm kind of suprised by a 2nd. place finish (being on a new quad) and especialy with Schell thrown in the mix. I look for these two guys to put in some awesome finishes and hopefully a couple or more wins each as the series goes on. Schell has always been one of my favorite racers and if I remember correctly didnt he finish like 2nd overall in the last stadium series that he was in? I would also like to know if there is a site like what briansgi was talking about. There is one thing that gets under my skin though especialy with the Stadium Series. Where in the heck are the ESPN, Speed Vision, or FOX Sports Net camera crew! I mean they will put just about anything that goes on in a stadium on T.V. I dont care if it was the National Spitting Contest (to see who can spit the fartherest) and only 3 people showed up, it would be showed two or three times a week! Anyway thats another topic I guess. Who won? I'm guessing Farr. By they way Sickman80 your EX/YZ is pretty trick, and good luck, hope to see you do very good as well.

Old 01-16-2002, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, sickman80, you got any pics of that quad? I would love to see them.

Old 01-16-2002, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

OH, I almost forgot, my e-mail is taz_ex@hotmail.com . If you do send me pics, do you think I could post them on my site? I need some more pics and your quad would be awesome to have on my site. You can check it out here. Sign my guestbook and let me know how you like it and how I can improve it.

Old 01-16-2002, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

Farr did in fact finish first, as usual. Johnny Hale said Clear Channel Communications covers the stadium series but I don't seem to get them here in Tulsa via fox sports or whoever might carry CCC.

Old 01-26-2002, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

Brian,

ATVSCENE posts the Clear Channel results usually within one day.

Old 01-29-2002, 12:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

cannondale rocks, I just got the new fuel map loaded and it really kicks. good job and keep up the good work guys

Old 01-29-2002, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

Also check out www.danacreechracing.com
This is Dana's mom's web site, she's got some cool pics of the races, so far just St. Louis.

Quick Reply: Ellis is the man...