KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

How you make your Cannondale beautiful <-- Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2002, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wash my quad completly after every ride. (sometimes the day after)
I want my quad to look its best. My 400 with its shaved Maier plastic looks very very similar to that setup. I love the way it looks. Does that make me a poser?

(not saying that I wouldnt buy a Dale because of its plastic)

-Matt

Old 01-15-2002, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

I'm glad most of you guys like it. It's Maier one piece w/ One Ind. graphics.

evhwg: Some of us don't like ugly quads, that doesn't make you a poser. Trying to make your quad look better doesn't make you a poser. I agree, performance is much more important than looks in my book. If you think I'm a poser because of this, great.

Old 01-16-2002, 11:04 AM
Range Rover

It looks pretty good but somehow just doesn't seem right. Basically it looks like it wasn't made for that quad. Maybe if it was lower like you said it would look better. Another vote for Kory Ellis-sorry. But I might change my mind if you can make it fit better.

Old 01-16-2002, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

hey i apologise guys. im just sick of reading how ugly it looks in the magazines and on the board. but to say you wouldn't buy a quad because of it just irritated me, i must of been having a bad day because i usually ignore it. i to like the way the quad looks so im sure alot of people think im crazy. as for the poser statement when i owned my R it was always kept clean to. maybe it was the way it was worded that he would not purchase it unless the plastic was changed seems weird to me. hey no hard feelings guys im going to say it was me having a bad day and keep it at that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2002, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

<< Why are yall even arguin about this? If he wants to buy something that looks as good as it performs than thats his business, but if you haven't ever seen a C-dale in real life than you can't really say it's ugly. I thought the dale looked ugly up until the day I bought mine. When I saw it for the first time in real life, I was really suprised how good it looked. If you HAVE seen it in real life and still don't like it than thats your opinion, so lets leave it at that and not argue about what other people think. If it's not hurting anyone then don't worry about it. >>

that is 100% correct it looks so sweet in person. my friend thought it looked better than his 400ex, the 400exs lights are so close together it makes it look funny, like it is retarded or somethin, other than that i think the 400ex looks good too.

Old 01-16-2002, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

<< hey i apologise guys. im just sick of reading how ugly it looks in the magazines and on the board. but to say you wouldn't buy a quad because of it just irritated me, i must of been having a bad day because i usually ignore it. i to like the way the quad looks so im sure alot of people think im crazy. as for the poser statement when i owned my R it was always kept clean to. maybe it was the way it was worded that he would not purchase it unless the plastic was changed seems weird to me. hey no hard feelings guys im going to say it was me having a bad day and keep it at that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

the truth is the guys with the 400 have to say that cause the cdale is so much better. they are just compensating.

Old 01-16-2002, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider

Corndog, hmm, no.

As much as im sure the Dale's are awesome bikes, I wouldnt trade my 400 for one, or any other quad for that matter.
I love my 400's handling/suspention, and the power is totally awesome for me. (ESPECIALLY considering I ride with a couple guys with Warriors, and 250X's, but I also ride with two Raptors, and power isnt that much different)

Wouldnt trade it for a Dale. I need something proven/reliable.
Your remark just shows your immaturity, and im sure you lost the respect of lots of readers, and obviously myself.

-Matt

Old 01-16-2002, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

i ride with 250 dirtbikes and 400exs, i didn't want the dirtbikes to smash me so i got the cdale.

Old 01-16-2002, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

Honestly, I wish my Cannondale would handle like a 400ex. Maybe after I widen it and put some 18&quot; tamers on the back it will be close but those 400ex handle like a dream. I rode one today and it is MUCH more forgiving than my Dale. I do like the power of the c-dale more though, but my gawd, it's obviously gonna have more power when its fuel injected and almost 40cc's bigger. I haven't really &quot;figured&quot; mine out right now so I'm gonna need lots of practice before I race. Kind of a big step goin from a 300ex to a Cannondale.

Old 01-16-2002, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

yodaddy
did the 400ex you ride have stock shocks? the dales are probably stiffer for racing and jumping and the 400ex stockers are set up for trail riding. if you put works shocks on the EX i bet it would stiffen up a little.

Quick Reply: How you make your Cannondale beautiful <-- Pics!