KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

How you make your Cannondale beautiful <-- Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2002, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most riders agree that the styling on the Cannondales leaves something to be desired. Ellis's new quad with the hoodscoop (http://www.atvscene.com/Images/ellis...ale1-12-02.jpg) looks better, but the front plastic still looks bulky. The fix? I think, with some work, 250R plastic could be made to fit. Since I had to change a plug on the loaner Cannondale, (thanks VCC for giving me the chance to race it once) I decided to throw the 250R plastic on it for kicks. The result:

http://geocities.com/blasterboy29/can1.jpg
http://geocities.com/blasterboy29/can2.jpg
http://geocities.com/blasterboy29/can3.jpg
http://geocities.com/blasterboy29/can4.jpg

I just sat the plastic on the bike, so this is not exactly what it would look like. It can sit lower if you remove the brake and coolant reservoirs. You'd need some custom brackets, and you'd have to relocate the coolant overflow and the brake reservor. Some mods to the plastic plate under the airfilter would also be nessicary. It looks like it could be done though. What do you guys think?

Old 01-14-2002, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer

who makes that plastic and what is the styling called. it looks awsome though, you may be the first one.
-Jacob-

Old 01-14-2002, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

wantingga250r- that looks like maier one peice racing plastic with a one industries graphic kit. that looks awesome on the cannondale.

Old 01-14-2002, 11:14 PM
Trailblazer

DO IT!!!!!!! if you do that i will definately think about looking for a C-dale then, otherwise their a little too ugly for me FOR THE MOMENT! that looks so damn sweet, its like the 2002 trx 250r, with the &quot;honda&quot; aluminum frame, you guys know what im talking about. wow if you get it to work, thats by far one of the meanest looking 250r/C-dales ive ever seen, only seen... sorry [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] great looking quad ya got their even if the plastic isnt completely on!

Old 01-14-2002, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

It looks sweet. I might try that. I think it would be a fun project. Unless you think I'm trying to steal your idea. Don't wanna **** someone off.

Old 01-15-2002, 05:24 AM
Pro Rider

I like Kory Ellis's setup better, no offense.

Old 01-15-2002, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

ok im not going to buy a quad because its ugly who cares about performance??

what are you 10 years old dude?

Old 01-15-2002, 09:10 PM
Trailblazer

well then why wouldnt i just go with a honda then if i want performance, or even a yamaha? but i guess my 250r isnt enough performance then. i think i know what im looking for in a quad, dont need any lip from you.

Old 01-15-2002, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

your the one that said you wouldn't buy a quad because of a piece of plastic. you know how stupid that sounds. you looking to date it or something wine and dine it. feal free to buy a yama and change the tranny, and feel free to buy honda and put a 440 kit in it to keep up with the dale. but for you to say if the guy gets a 250r hood to hook up on the dale then you will buy it is just stupid. are you one of those posers that have to look all pretty?

Old 01-15-2002, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Why are yall even arguin about this? If he wants to buy something that looks as good as it performs than thats his business, but if you haven't ever seen a C-dale in real life than you can't really say it's ugly. I thought the dale looked ugly up until the day I bought mine. When I saw it for the first time in real life, I was really suprised how good it looked. If you HAVE seen it in real life and still don't like it than thats your opinion, so lets leave it at that and not argue about what other people think. If it's not hurting anyone then don't worry about it.

Quick Reply: How you make your Cannondale beautiful <-- Pics!