KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Cannibal vs DS650 vs Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2 Full days of ridin this weekend and i'm on fire with the cannibal!
Lined up today with STOCK 01 650and piped 01 660 with very agressive riders and the red machine-Cannondale took 7 of 8 runs over 120+- yards. The DS got the jump every time (gotta practice my holeshot) by about a length. By 60 yds the 'bull would pull ahead and gain to a length or better on most runs. It was pretty cool. The raptor was ? maybe 2-3 lengths back. The only one i lost was when I wheelied through 3rd gear for fun. Still close though. ahahahahahahaha fun!
Really starting to get a feel for this machine. The fuel injection,aluminum frame and wild wild engine create a very unique performing quad. It is so different from my warrior and other carbed, steelframe quads, It takes a lot of getting used to. Worth the effort though as landing those little doubles is fine.
This is all just fun for me, but for today anyway, It was cool to come out on top.

FWIW:
This is not a request for challenges from Raptor/Bomb owners
who I'm sure can beat me any day.

Old 01-21-2002, 10:50 AM
Pro Rider

But the really cool thing about when you smoke these much bigger and more souped up quads, they pull up to you and want to know all about the C'dale and what "things" you've done to it. You reply "nothing, it's stock", that blows their mind!!

Old 01-21-2002, 11:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Sounds impressive. This is the reason the mag had to add a slip on to the Raptor for their comparism. Boooooo! C-dale should have got the respect that was deserved.

Old 01-21-2002, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

the ds650 should have been the slowest starting! that rider on the ds650 must have been really good with a clutch or you guys must really suck. i can't wait to race my cdale against a raptor.

Old 01-21-2002, 09:27 PM
Trailblazer

CornDog,, why would the ds be any slower on takeoff than the others??? have you ridden or raced one,, do you know much about them?? at least give reasons for your arguements.

Old 01-21-2002, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

<< CornDog,, why would the ds be any slower on takeoff than the others??? have you ridden or raced one,, do you know much about them?? at least give reasons for your arguements. >>

that is what everyone says, the ds650 has a very narrow powerband. i hear it has pretty crappy low end, extremely strong mid range, and excellent top end. that is just what the guys who own them say, so what would they know?

Old 01-22-2002, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

The ds is extremely slow on takeoff. It just has a very strong top end

Old 01-22-2002, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

<< The ds is extremely slow on takeoff. It just has a very strong top end >>

exactly, but the mid range is very powerful too.

Old 01-22-2002, 10:38 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldnt say that the midrange is very powerful, my opinion though. Just a flat out awesome top end.

Old 01-22-2002, 11:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

HEY RAYN your victory's are probably tribute to your skills not the bikes power.you match a rider and the right bike and everything just works.the cdale is probabhly the the best ever tt ready bike ever built.but lacks in draging capab.as in there ads on there web site and i haven't been there in a while.but in there comp.between the cdale'400ex'raptor'bomber'they for got to put the ds results in the drag race section????? you tell me why any ways im not trying to start any thing there just seems to be a little mis information on the ds and thought id help.but any ways its great to have a day in the zone ain't it.

Quick Reply: Cannibal vs DS650 vs Raptor