KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

which cannidale is the fastest?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just curious, has anyone ridden the new cannidales to see if one is really faster than the other. i know they have different fuel maps, but does it make a difference? also, how are these c-dales comparing to modified 250r's in power? anyone ridden with someone on a 250r. thanks ,airtime

Old 01-30-2002, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

I have a Cannibal with the new GP fuel injection system and my son rides an '86 250R. We race all the time at Little Sahara and my Cannibal usually beats him by 2 bike lengths each time when we are drag racing. His R is mostly stock other than FMF pipe and rejetting.
The few C'dales I do see at Little Sahara do very well drag racing.
I'm getting ready to put an HMF silencer on mine and have RS Performance remap my computer so that should add a few more ponies.
I notice in the sand, my son's R won't pull completely in 5th gear and for sure won't in 6th. If it did, as in changing the gearing, he might beat me. But, I have an ESR 310 kit on order for his R so I'm sure my days of kicking his a*^ are over!!!

Old 01-30-2002, 12:51 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

Airtime- I rode one of the earlier fx's and it was pretty fast, but not as fast as modified 250r. Im sure the new ones will be able to compete with 250r's because I think I could have competed on the old fx I rode. I am excited to see how they do measure up this season though. Later- MrP.

Old 01-30-2002, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

hey mr-p. i rode an older c-dale at the dealership, but it was hard to compare it to anything without getting it on a track. i'm thinking about getting a four stroke, but i'm gonna have to wait and see how the new suzuki does and what honda is going to do. i will not get the motto 440 for sure. i want to have pep zps shocks or custom axis for sure. got your bike yet? airtime[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2002, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

If you have the money, I would go ahead and buy the moto 440. I got to thinking about it and you could just sell the stock part when ever you get a replacement (ex. If you buy the PEP shocks, you could sell the stock ohlins, and probably get quite a bit of $ for them). Anyways, I'm going to the track this Sunday (hopefully) and I'll let you know how it goes. I already know I wont do that good because I haven't ridden on a track since... uh, I think it was October (when I broke my collar bone), and I had a 300ex then. As the season progresses, I'll let you know how I do on the track with the dale though... If I can stay healthy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 01-30-2002, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

airtimehocutt, the Ohlins on the Moto are ZPS style.

Old 01-30-2002, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

lonestarbanshee that is what i have heard about the shocks. but the ohlins shocks are not made to fit me. they are made to fit a large number of different size people. the pep zps will be set up for my wieght and riding ability. a huge difference in performance. also in money. atleast $2200 for the pep zps alone. thatb would put me up to almost 15, 000. that is why all the pro's will be running the speed with the custom shocks and suspension. cheaper and better. airtime

Old 01-31-2002, 11:16 AM
MrP
Pro Rider

Plus the zps Ohlins on the Moto440 will not make it squat as low as the PEP zps shocks would. When Tim Farr and Ben Jackson were testing the Moto440 in GA, Tim wanted the quad to squat lower, but they couldnt because when they did the tie rods would slam into the frame. The Ohlins also come from the factory pre valved for riders that weigh between 190-200lbs. I love the way the Moto440 looks, but if I was spending over $10 grand on a quad I would want it to be set up the way I wanted to. I still think the Moto440 is going to rip though.

Old 01-31-2002, 01:40 PM
Trailblazer

One thing to think about. Ohlins has a service center in N.C. you can send your shocks (from any model) in to them. They will re-build them to your specs (for a fee). Also give PEP a call I beleive they will re-build the Ohlins shocks. The quality of the Ohlins shocks are the best ask any of the tuners PEP, Custom AXIS, ELKA they will tell you the components used on the inside of Ohlins shocks are of the best quality. It's easy to get them to perform the way you want them since they are re-buildable and they have a huge selection of springs to choose from.

Old 01-31-2002, 09:54 PM
Trailblazer

out of all the c-dales...the moto 440 is the fastest...but it also costs i think 14k....thats enough to buy a stock 250r and turn it into a banshee killer

Quick Reply: which cannidale is the fastest?