KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Perspective Cannondale buyer with questions....

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2002, 05:48 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PA, I guess your answer is no then

Old 06-02-2002, 09:44 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Meaniegreenie
6000 grand for that sounds a little high.
If he's a bud he can do alot better than that.
I know of a place that might still have a refab Cannibal,
for less than that and you can put your own scratches in
it. PM me and I'll give you a line on it, if they still
have it.

Old 06-03-2002, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

Meaniegreenie, I bought one of the first FX400's when they came out last year, had some issues with it, mostly the dealer didn't know how to work on it. Most of the issues dealt with front end problems/recalls. One thing DW's said about the FX400 was it's "twitchy" front end and they were dead on. My FX400 had that twitchy feeling really bad but the upgrades and recalls fixed that problem completely. Cannondale eventually swapped out my FX400 with a new Cannibal with the same quality components such as the Ohlin shocks and the new EC1000 computer. The Cannibal handles like a dream, night and day difference between it and when I first had my FX400. We've even heard C'dale will actually stop the production of the quads if they find a problem and make a change immediately unlike other manufacturers who would wait until a new model year.

I also own a highly modded R, ESR310 actually. You won't find another 4 stroke that comes close to the 2 stroke feel of the C'dales unless you build a 426 powered quad.

I don't think anyone has mentioned in this thread yet but Cannondale is outstanding when it comes to supporting their product. It's not uncommon for problems to be resolved even outside of a warranty period and we often have an engineer within C'dale pop in to this web site and help people out with problems. Very cool company and best thing, built in USA!!