KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

New Track in New Augusta, MS

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2002, 01:09 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HEY markvette,I can walk from my house to the firetower practice mx track! They arte open,I go and watch almost every sunday.

Old 07-16-2002, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

well there was a big article in todays paper about the firetower track. the board of supervisors are suppose to vote between now and aug. 5 whether to let them have a special occupancy permit to operate the track. they said they tried to let the track an ther neighbors work out their differences but some of the lcal property owners would not budge. i have called the track to get info several times and no one will return my calls. i figured people was still riding there but didnt know how they were getting away with it since the board shut them down because the area is zoned farm land. i heard they were not charging to ride but said you could donate to the track and legally they couldnt get in any trouble doing it that way. i dont care to ride a track but my son needs someplace local he can practice between races. i myself like black creek mx because of the wide trails and wide open areas you can ride in. plus my 8 year old can ride there too. firetower had a small 50 track but it was really to small. my son could ride in the lot across the street from my house and have nore room than their small track had. the big track gets to dangerous for him after 20 or so bikes get on it but is a real nice track for my son that races to practice on.

Old 07-20-2002, 11:15 PM
Range Rover

has any one been to flying w to ride. i'm curious about the trails.

Old 07-21-2002, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

Is that Keven Windoms track?I wana go when they finish the mx track.

Old 07-21-2002, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

special, thats windhams track. they say the track wont be done for 8 to 12 months. he was at fernwood a couple weeks ago handing out flyers and talking to people. i think i still have mine in the truck. man i seen an awesome warrior today.we had to go to kiln mississippi to a small atv repair shop to get some rear pads for josh's blaster. the owner of the shop is a super nice guy and he loves warriors. his had black plastic and black powder coated frame and everything else was either polished or chromed. he saidhe had a 436 kit in it and he ate 400 ex's for lunch. i talked to him for a long time and told him about the sept 14 race and he said to bring him some flyers when we got them. like i said he was super nice and said he would help all he could. did you see them bad *** raptors at gonzales, man i wish kip would go there just one time. hell i may just bring josh and his blaster one weekend. i found out my front offset rims will fit his blaster but the backs are a different pattern. i may have to get him some 18" turff tamers before the 14. i'm gonna put some 18x9 1/2 fast trekkers on bubbas e-ton before the race. oh man wait till i tell you about this e-ton website i found, 25 horsepower out of a 50 cc e-ton. man i better quit while i am ahead. talk to you later.

Old 07-21-2002, 12:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

I went to Flyin W on the 4th of july weekend; Kevin is still working on
the place. Right now he has about 15 miles of trails that he cut with a
dozer, about 7-8' wide, there are also about 20 miles of trails that was
made with bikes and 4 wheelers, he is also clearing more by hand.
There are whoops, figure 8s, etc; it is So. Miss land , so it's hilly,
some mud, some sandy,. There are 30-40 places for RVs and trailers with
hookups, and probably 100 primitive tent sites; there are showers and a bike wash rack (free) they sell drinks and sandwiches on weekends; he is also going to make a area for drags, and a area for small kids; most of the trails are 1 way, also.

Old 07-21-2002, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

dannyabear
my boys and i am going up to wiggins to ride tomorrow. there will be us 3 and i know 3 of my boys friends are going too so thats at least 6 quads for sure. you were asking me about places to ride near the coast, you ought to come on out there and try it out. i can give you pretty good directions if you are interested

Mark

Old 07-21-2002, 01:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

I sure would like directions, one of my sons lives in wiggins but he doesn't know anything about it

Old 07-21-2002, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

ok you wouldprobably come down I 12 and then hit 59 towards hattisburg and then 49 towards the coast. you will come to the first wiggins exit which should be highway 26. take that exit and go through town i dont remember the exact miles but probably 8 to 10 miles on 26 you will come to higway 15 north, take a left and its only a couple of miles if its that far. watch on your right after you get on 15 and go a little ways. the turn will be on the right and there is a sign sitting onthe ground at the road that says black creek mx. turn right there and go a mile or two and the road will turn to gravel. a little ways down the gravel part you will come to a left turn, make that turn [ there is a sign there too ] you will see the gate when you make that left turn. go on in the gate and make sure you close it because the lady has horses. sooner or later she will come down and collect your money. like i said if the gate is closed, go on in she lives down the road and only comesdown every now and then to collect peoples money. now did i loose you, its really easy to find and if your son lives there he probably knows these roads. hope to see you there