KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Race For QUADS ONLY September 14, 2002 Fernwood, MS

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea your right its the samecouple of guys and they thinkthey run the whole show. they dont like me because i am rocking their boat. like i told them, they can have their board. i dont think many of the quad riders go to it anyway. rock hill is right outside hattisburg. does your son ride a 85, they had one of the best 85 races i have ever say last week. is jay with the avondale track ? some people from the avondale track were handing out flyers at rock hill last week and kip asked them if they raced quads and of course they said no. there was about 10 of us standing there and we all at the same time handed them back their flyers. they are just gonn have to realize the quads are here to stay and we are just beginning to fight for our rights too. they keep saying the track owners dont like us and for the most part that is not true. they just want to keep it that way and are not very happy that a few of us has stepped forward ad are getting something going in the quads direction. later, breakfast is ready

Old 07-20-2002, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

Mark ,I read some of the stuff on the e-z board,them guys are idiots.
I also got a kick out of giving thoes fliers back for LA, super cross.I realy dislike Jay now and hope I dont run into him anywhere cuz I have a few words for him he wont like.Even if he does let quads ride again I probley wont go back because he is the jerk that started this mess.O well enough fustration Im gona get ready to go ride at gaff's home track in gonzalis.

Old 07-20-2002, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

oh, now it's my home track, lol.

I hier ya about jay special, and yes I agree he does seem to be the one who started all this.

Don't you worry, he will soon find out that he had made a huge mistake.

Between jay and the idiots on the EZ-board I believe how thats the way the rumors where flying about different tracks closing down or just bashing them. LA supercross is a hole. Where do they get off judging others.

Old 07-20-2002, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

Mark,

It seems you have some followers on the ez-board who aren't very happy with the opposition you have found. Maybe give them a onchor performance or something.

Ok special, How the heck do you spell gonzalis, gonzales.....man every time I see that it's spelt different.

You know before I came to louisiana I could spell. But being that every bayou or town has there own vocabulary or spellings I'm starting to feel like a idiot[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2002, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

its gonzales. yea there are really a lot of people that share the same opinion as me. but no as i told them they can have their ez-board and their own little world they live in ......but if they dont let it rest and get off my butt i will tell them just what i think of them. yesspecial they are idiots and as you see its the same old 5 or 6 idiots. got my quads loaded and just waiting for tomorrow morning. i usualy see a couple of bikes there that ride at holeshot but most share the same opinion as i do.

Old 07-20-2002, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

hay heres another rite out of tonights paper....gonzalez.

Man I give up, just correct me as you will.

I know markvette. They were lauphing at me for my first post about them, at cycle world. But a few of those poeple were there and they overwelmingly just can't stand holeshots and it's crowd. No matter what they say the numbers and the bite in the wallet of "The big race" realy did that place in.

Old 07-21-2002, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Gaff,Just got back from your track in Gonzoallizzess.It was pretty fun.There were about 6 Quads there.All the jumps seem to be quad friendly.I cleared all but the big table to in the middle.It was puting me sidways every time I hit it,so I left it alone.

Old 07-21-2002, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

That track is the easiest one in the area I find. It changes as far as those table tops go though. The first set of woops change as well, well not the woops but the landings.

Those stutter bumps at the new end ware me down, how did you like them?

The first table from the start is nothing. Only problem that one has is if it is wet. You over jump it alot and when you land you tend to push wide of the line and thier will be mud on the outside line there. But dry nothing to it just pin it.

The second table you have to stay center or to the left, either is just fine. Go to the rite just a bit and it kicks you side ways.

The woop section is nothing.

The third table before the finish can get tricky, when wet you just have to do what ever. Thier is a puddle for the straight run for it, you have to go around and thier is two holes at the landing (from the bikes) that fill up with water too. When dry it's best to hit it straight on or short jump it. Like you said it can cross you up quick.

If the tracks dry the big quads rule pretty easily. If wet it takes all the outside lanes away on the flat turns, slowing the big quads exit speeds. Also takes the inside lanes away on the burm turns.

I mention wet and dry because that track is normally wet during pre race practice. But thats a funny track. It can be wet, but by your second, and sometimes first moto it turns perfect.

It's a fun track but for me I get bored with it some times. The holeshot there is every thing. I would like to race there next race. I would like it if some of you would go. I like to follow you guys to just get a different view of riding styles. I seem to be doing fine, but I think I'm in a rut. I seem to hit the same spots every time and can't improve my track times. I think if I could run with you, the other mike, or josh for a while it may open my mind a little more of that place.

I'd also like to get to the other tracks with you. Since I changed to 2nd and 4th week end I only go up there. This has put a holt to me getting any better. So, I don't know, yall think you may be around there next saterday night?

Old 07-21-2002, 08:42 PM
efg
Pro Rider

hey mark,

Old 07-21-2002, 08:46 PM
efg
Pro Rider

I didnt know it was you but I raced with your son last time at rock hill, but my R blew up we will be ready next race probably, I got to get my cylinder back from ct racing and get some holeshot mx tires. I had no idea you got on this forum

Quick Reply: Race For QUADS ONLY September 14, 2002 Fernwood, MS