KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Race For QUADS ONLY September 14, 2002 Fernwood, MS

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

markvette,

I hope you can come. If not try to get me some flyers by then. The crowd that is there will be a bunch you want to pull to that fernwood race.

Also, try to inform kip if they want to get quads and exposure for him they usually alighn fernwood and gonzales in the winter series together.

I understand what you said on the phone about he wants to stay local to him. But in the winter when they work out the series they use both mississppi and louisiana tracks together in the series. Bringing home a series championship to his shop will do more than anything I would believe.

Last year it was a 3 track series. it may be 4 this year. Keep that in mind as the summer racing doesn't realy mean all that much around here. Wait untill the winter series, you will see how things kick up then.

Old 07-22-2002, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

kip should see this, i know he's back because he posted yesterday. i'm back on the ez-board. i didnt realize they had subject devoted to just me. i have recieved a bunch of e-mails from people supporting me and telling me to get back on and not let them run me off. i even recieved a long one from dirk cortez from cortez racing. that supirsed the hell out of me. oh holeshot has been sold and gonna race in august. the guy that owns the go cart track across the street bought it. they posted his announcement on the ez-board. wann buy a blaster, im tired of rebuilding top ends on that thing. my boy cant get it through his head you cant build a quad to race and then take it and ride on trails and mud HARD for 8 to 10 hours. took the cylinder to the machine shop this morning, hope i dont have to resleeve it. it had a deep gouge right below the exhaust port.i think i'll call kip and i'll get back to you.

Old 07-22-2002, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

Mark,

I know the hole 2 stroke thing. Never bothered me untill I got a four stroke. Now build a engine and it last and last and last.

I did mine and my sons last january. We raced twice a month up to last week, and who knows how many practices. My sons bike, still perfect. Mine, not sure if it's the humidity or is loosing a touch. Compression is down 7 pounds, but that could be from the heat as well. But I'm going to pull it down and re-ring it this week. Just in case. Don't want special making a fool out of me saterday. lol

But if I had 2 strokes, I bet I would have had a easy 4 top ends a piece.

I have a 2001 XR-80, with all the mods, very nice machine. Would do some horse trading for the blaster, but other than that, funds are tite. Damn kids will suck you dry, oops, thats your saying[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2002, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

Gaff and special
i'll pass on the bike [ might give me a bad name haha ] we gonna sell the blaster and get him a 400ex i'm not a big honda fan but cant afford a new dale or z400 and actual one of those two would be my first choice. if i could get special to come down on the price on his i might buy it. expecially now that he wore it out the way he rides [ haha special ] and special where are you racing this weekend gonzales or rock hill ? i gotta find my 8 year old some riding gear so ha can race sept. 14. i hate to buy boots since he will outgrow them so quick. your kids ride you got any they outgrew sixe 4 1/2 or 5 ?. talk at you later

Old 07-22-2002, 06:34 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

When is Rock Hill racing, Sat. or Sun.? And what time also. Thanks.

Old 07-22-2002, 07:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

At Rock Hill do they still have the Thursday night practice? If you were talking about Bobby Beech, on a banshee, your right he is very fast. One of the first times I was there he came up to a group of us and said he would spot us half the track for five laps and see who would win. The last time I saw him ride was in Hattiesburg ,indoors ,at the multipupose building. He got carried out on a stretcher, almost clear a triple only the Pro bikes guys were making.

Old 07-22-2002, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Mark & Gaff,
Things are not looking to good for me this weekend we are going to be very bussy this week and weekend.I am hoping I get to work on a ship in laplace for the weekend and I might be able to get over to the gonsalis track but not quite shure yet.I was suposed to go there today but there was a tornado that tuched down at the warehouse in New Orleans Yesterday evening and we are going to be playing clean up for days.I know I will be working some wear this weekend but not quit shure were yet.I know I wont be able to get off in time for the rock hill race I but If im working in laplace I can shoot over to Gonsalis in about 15min after work.Im just hoping to be able to ride anywere this weekend but with a family woork comes 1st.I will keep yall posted.

Damm work why cant every thing be free.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2002, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider

Mark I may be able to work with you some on the price of the EX.But my problem is I wouldnt be able to get you the title till around next Feb.because I owe about 1000 more than I can sell it for and wont have the extra money to pay it off till then.I have sold 3 quads so for like this before with a bill of sale but some people dont do busness like that.
Thats the problem with finance things new and selling them a year later.

Old 07-22-2002, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

Mrp,They are going to race Sat. night at rock hill practice at 4pm race at 5pm.

Old 07-22-2002, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

rock hill races saturday night, practice starts at 4 and race at 6, gates open at 2. they practice thursday night 6 to 10.

Quick Reply: Race For QUADS ONLY September 14, 2002 Fernwood, MS