KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

ok who is gonna race Breaux Bridge this sunday

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys i just got off the phone with kip, he talked to bubba bardwell who said they havent had much rain there. he said if the sun comes out tomorrow the track should be all right for sunday. we planned on racing this race but i would like to know who plans on attending. i dont want to drive 175 miles one way and only 3 quads show up. if that is the situation we will race rock hill saturday night. ( if they race )
we are going to kips shop tomorrow to pick the moto up, might stop by fernwood on the way back for a little practice if the track is not to wet. so mrp, fuller, motown and anyone else i missed are you gonna race breaux bridge this weekend. please guys let me know one way or the other

Old 09-26-2002, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

ok i talked to fuller and mxmike, fuler said if they race he will be there. mxmike said if he dont have to work he will be there. so what about it the rest of you guys ?????????

Old 09-26-2002, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

There are usualy 3 mod quads at the local races. I have never race the Breaux Bridge track but have run the Down South one in New Iberia. It rained very little here so the track should be great for a race sunday. I only race every now and then when my son races and he has no bike. I ordered him a new one (KX65) but he said he would rather an XR80 and ride the woods. I tend to agree these days I do not like to only have a 3 laper then wate all day to run another. I would rather just go and ride all day. Plus I am getting to dam old it hurts when you fall.

P.S. I may have to go check the races out though what is the number on your quad and what type?

Old 09-26-2002, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

my son rides a cannondale moto # 11 and i putt around the pits on my warrior. we raced breaux bridge back in june and i think they had 10 or 11 quads. my son won his first race that weekend. the reason i posted this is because a few of us local riders are trying to get better quad turnouts at the races. this way we all can cordinate what track we will be at on a particular weekend. we just had an all quad race at fernwood mx and 60 quads showed up and we wil do it again on oct 12 and expect an even bigger turn out. my 8 year old even got to race his 90 cc quad in the mini class there. there is not another track within 300 miles that races mini quads we had 7 in the mini class and the kids had a blast. my son carried his second place plaque around for 2 days. something like that makes all the traveling and money we spend on racing worh it. i would not take a million dollars for the look on his face when he received his plaque. if you make it come on by and bull with us.

Old 09-26-2002, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Yea watching my son w/ his first was great. Most of the time we do not get enough quads so the last race I did I had to race the full mod quads on a stock 400ex. I took a third but busted my hump to do it. I would love to see more riders I know there are 15 good riders here that race but only every now and then. There might be 2 or 3 show up at times.
My son wanted to race his quad but like you said no races. He started racing the dirt bike and liked it but it was his choice not to, he like me wants to ride not sit all day. I grew up racing enduros so we got to ride I started MX a few years back and like riding but on race day there is to much lag time.

Old 09-27-2002, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

Markavette,

I wont be racing this weekend though i may get out to the track to view the turnout . i've havent raced due to monetairy means " new baby " though i'd like work not to work so i could get out and meet you guys !

Old 09-27-2002, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

You mean "fas fas"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2002, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

Well it dont look like I am going to make it to breaux bridge.I have to work Sat. and Sun.I am going to try and get off early enough to go to rock hill though.Thats my only hope for this weekend.

Old 09-28-2002, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

the race is on!!!!!! it has not been cacelled. sorry i posted so late but just got home from brookhaven. the moto is breathing fire again. see ya'll there

Old 09-28-2002, 05:57 PM
efg
Pro Rider

make sure yall post results.(muddy results)

I might go up to rock hill and watch?

Quick Reply: ok who is gonna race Breaux Bridge this sunday