KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Gonzales,LA and Starkville,MS Arena Cross Races Oct.19 and Oct.26

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2002, 10:29 PM
The Facility
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gonzales,LA and Starkville,MS Arena Cross Races Oct.19 and Oct.26

Todd of Cycle City Promotions is the same guy who has done ours, both this time and last.

While there were Amateur heat races, we were told that everyone would get to race the main event regardless of the heat race finishes. We had so many on hand that he divided the class into two........0-250cc...and 251cc-Up.

The track layout here has been completly opposite of what you describe, but it may be like that this time around.

I was supposed to be dropping off a quad for them tonight for them to pack the track with and was going to check out the track while I was there, but EdSmith went by there this evening and said that construction had just gotten underway, so I will wait until tomorrow.

You are right about the gate situation for the main event. 10 line up on the gate with gate pick being based off of the heat race. Then the other guys line up behind them......eating major roost......LOL

Todd was flying in tonight and is coming by in the morning to give further details about the program and any changes that have been made if any. I told him about the large number of quads expected to show this time and I think he is still undecided about what to do with them at this point. I had talked to Karen this morning and she told me that there were no plans to divide the Amateur class like last time, but Todd may change his mind...............I will know for sure in the morning.

From what I have seen in arena cross, the Pro Quad class is no faster than the Amatuer class. The only difference you normally see is that the Pro class just have more expensive quads with tons of aftermarket parts. I didn't see the first Pro rider hit anything that the Amatuer class didn't.....which was one small double......if you even would consider it a double.

Old 10-25-2002, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

This was the largest area arena cross I have seen. It was also the hardest I've seen. This is ameture I'm talking about thow.

We have a AX in my home town every April. It is a piece of cake. Thought this would be very much like this. Even the picture on thier web site suggested it. But Hell no, it was tough. Not one Ameture took the finish line double during racing. One kid on a Z tried during practice and from what I seen he won't try any of those any time soon, lol. We had only 3 pro's and they all took the big double.

It was a big track for AX, it had the big double, 3 smaller doubles a up hill and down hill and those freakin whoops.

I have been on the local message board and chat room and thats still what every one is talking about those whoops.

Hope things are a bit easier for yall, but don't count on it.

He says every one does make it to the main. But he also adjust the run order while he goes according to how many showed up. For us it looked like 11 for the main. But when the main started thier was alot more than 11 there. I was on the gate, with a full gate of 10. When I looked behind me it looked like another complete gate behind us. On the track, wow there was waaaaaaaay to many on the track at the same time. Alot of banging bars and quik decissions.

Can't wait to hier about yalls AX, please don't spare me details.

Old 10-25-2002, 10:45 PM
The Facility

I just got back from the track a few minutes ago and it is EXACTLY as Gaff described the AX in Gonzales last weekend.

The layout is alot tougher than the one we had this past February.

Nothing small like before and very technical for a quad rider regardless of suspension setup.

The whoop section immediately after the starting straight is going to very interesting.

Gaff,
However did you manage to even finish that race with a Lakota???? You have a newfound respect from me.....LOL

Old 10-26-2002, 08:54 AM
Pro Rider

Patrick,

You would realy laugh with all the poeple I have met just by riding a Lakota. Believe me I'm not the super star any where but poeple just have to know "who is that idiot that rides the Lakota" lol.

It's actually pretty hard. But being I now have 17 races on it I believe if I haven't fixxed the little problems I learned to ride around them. Except shocks, I just can't seem to get the money out of my wallet for shocks, lord knows I have for every thing else.

Now My mind wonders on Just when amd I going to just braek this thing in half, lol.

Hopefully with the new year Daddy will see a new quad. My wife realy seen why during the arena Cross, but realy I didn't do that bad.