KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

ZPS SHOCKs FOR DALE

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 02:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZPS SHOCKs FOR DALE

Can anyone give me some insight on which is the best or the better of the zps shocks on the market. I've been looking at Elka, Axis and PEP. Thanks.

Old 10-17-2002, 03:43 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

440rider- All of those you named are good shocks. I assume you will be doing MX riding. Here is my opinion on the shocks you have listed. I have rode all 3 pair also.

Elka Suspension: First the customer service you get with them is unmatched by anyone. They will treat you like you are a pro rider. They feel really good through the rough stuff and the big air jumps. They also let you rail in the corners. You can get these shocks in as little as two weeks.

Custom Axis: This is what I am currently running. They are awesome shocks in my opinion and can handle anything you throw at them. Custmer service is pretty good but you will still have to wait around 4-5 weeks or longer.

PEP zps: The Elka's and PEP's remind the most of each other. They will also handle anything thrown at them. Customer service could be better and is the worst out of the 3. They might tell you 4-5 weeks but you can bet that really means 5-8 weeks or longer.

In my opinion you would be happy with any 3. I would go with the best price you could find and the ones you could get the fastest. But be prepared for that C-dale BEAST to go even faster when you get your new suspension. Hope this helps and good luck.

Old 10-17-2002, 03:59 PM
Trailblazer

Mr P, Thanks for the input very helpful. Actually, I'm getting into XC over MX. I do ride track from time to time but I do the majority of my riding through woods tracks/trails. Do you think zps shocks are an over-do for XC/Harescramblers? Do you know of better type shock for this type of riding?

Old 10-17-2002, 04:10 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

440rider- For Cross Country you want your quad to still sit low but not low enough to where it is dragging and hitting stumps. I would go with Elka Suspension. They seem to be doing very well in the GNCC's also. Here is there link Elka Suspension. Ask for Martin. Are if you want to get it from a closer dealer, ezride (who uses this forum is an Elka dealer). I will pm you his number.

Old 10-17-2002, 04:34 PM
Trailblazer

MrP, Thanks for all the info buddy. I spoke to Yann at elka and he recommended Triple rate ZPS with adjustable compression and Remote Rezzies. He told me everything is calibrated to the riders weight and riding style and bike specs. I'm going with the Elkas. He quoted me $820 for the fronts do you know of somewhere I can get a better deal? Thanks Again

Old 10-17-2002, 04:55 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

440rider- Did you get my pm's? At first it wouldnt let me send you a pm so I was just checking.

Old 10-18-2002, 07:44 AM
Pro Rider

mrp, i ordered my pep zps for my dale on 10-10-02. i was told by wayne 4 weeks. like you said, i'm thinking 6 to8 but really it could be longer. i hope not!! i don't think you will go wrong with any of the shocks mr p listed. on more thing, axis doesn't make a zps shock and as far as a i know they do not make a rear shock for the dale. atleast that was what denton racing told me (i think it was denton anyway.) at least not a shock to fit the stock swingarm.

Old 10-18-2002, 10:13 AM
MrP
Pro Rider

airtime- I dont know what the deal is with Axis making a no-link rear shock for the C-dale. My friends Nate and Mike got one for their C-dale but Mike is a pro rider. Also I have a friend in Nevada that is getting one on his C-dale directly from Axis. Maybe you have to have a connection to get it. Axis isnt called zps but when you lift up on my front end and rear end it drops about two inches like the PEP zps shocks do. Axis doesnt call it zps but its close to being zps.

Old 10-18-2002, 07:37 PM
Trailblazer

airtime, I bet you will wait about 6-8 MONTHS for those shocks, but if sooner I will be suprised.

Old 10-20-2002, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

mx400 i know what you mean. wayne told me 4 weeks but that doesn't mean anything. i think this time of the year is there slower months, but i can still hear ron in the back ground telling my friend that wayne is lying to him about the delivery date. lol my friend got his in a bout 6 weeks. mrp, i have not spoken to axis directly, but there dealers are saying no rear shock for the dales. something about them not having enough room or enough fluid or some crap! if anyone calls axis, let the rest of us know. i would have probably used axis if they made the rear shock. as far as the pep shocks go, we'll have to wait and see.

Quick Reply: ZPS SHOCKs FOR DALE