KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Clutch problem

Old 11-05-2002, 12:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch problem

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] Hey Tarrat103,

No, It's not just you. I have had the oil belching problem on both flags and had the updates as well, also the shocks we up graded to the ohlins. One of the bikes is still belching even after the update, at the dealer now hopefully they'll get it figured out. Still love the bikes and the support has been very good so far. The one still belching the oil, has the moto map and pipe, wow does it run good, maybe a little to good. The one not belching has a Trinity pipe and speed mapping.

Is it relivant? I don't know.

It seems to be the Flags that have fallen into most of these problem fixes for some reason.

Old 11-06-2002, 12:27 AM
Range Rover
Default Clutch problem

Hey Tatrrat103,

Found out some new news on my flag at the dealer. Both bikes had bolts back out on trans cartrige. One had damage to trans, the other took out scavanger pump causing oil belching after update. Parts ordered, Hopefully will get back soon. I'd get dealer and rep involved.

Good Luck!!!!

Old 11-07-2002, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default Clutch problem

I too have had the clutch problem as well as the stalling problem. I had two clutch plates that broke which in turn destroyed the inner hub. I replaced all of the steel plates, friction plates and springs and have yet to ride it since then. I will be taking it out this weekend. My advice is to check the clutch plates at every tranny oil change. It is easy to do and the gasket is reusable, so why not?

As far as the stalling problem goes, I seem to recall a service bulletin about stalling on the MC1000 computer. There is a fix for it. Mine was doing the same thing. I would ride along and it would just quit. I could start it up again fine. In fact, about 6 of us were playing follow the leader in the dunes and I was in front and the thing stalled and it caused a 4 quad rearender. It was kind of funny to watch, but one of the people broke their wrist in the deal, so that wasn't very good. I took mine to my dealer after that and they re-mapped it. I haven't had any problems since.

Old 11-07-2002, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default Clutch problem

BTW, the clutch problem didn't mess up my basket either. They are evidently pretty stout. I just wish I had known about the crankcase stud issue before I put my motor back in. Pulling the motor is not something I want to do very often. It's not hard, just a little time consuming.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default YFZ450 after market clutch problems

My neighbor has a 04 yfz450 we just put in a Dirt riders after market clutch kit soaked them in oil for about 24 hours and then put them in everything went together great after torquing the bolts to 5.8lb the clutch is disengaging and engaging good but when we pull in the clutch lever we cant move the quad freely or we cant shift into any gear. we have checked and rechecked and we are lost. please anything will help at this point.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

yes your clutch is on its way out. I wouldnt drive it except to the mechanic.
I guess you are in the USA.
Im not sure mechanical rates there but here i would pay no more than $500:00
Thats pretty basic for that model here.
Or get the clutch kit yourself and ask a male friend to fit for you.
They are very basic but a little bit of heavy lifting involved.

-------------------------------------------------
Auto Parts
Car Parts