KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

GasGas Quad Update (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GasGas Quad Update (pics)

How does it compare to your speed as far as power goes? I know a two stroke is a different type of power but what are your first impressions? Is it faster than the c-dale?

Old 11-13-2002, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going to give the twist a chance. it does have some nice advantages to it. I've got the fornt shocks close and the rear is getting better. I'm going to change the proload on it and see if that helps.

As for comparision. Remember I haven't opened the GasGas up yet do to still breaking it in. If feels like it's going to be faster do to a 6th gear and the power some how feels smoother and more usable for woods. This my change once I open it up. The biggest difference so far would have to be the feel of the quad. The front end is a couple inches taller so when I jump back on the cannondale it feels really low to the ground and smaller. The steering on the GasGas is stiffer than the cannondale. both seem to jump nice. I know onething if you grab a handful of front brakes on the 300 be ready to go over the bars. Those thing stop really quick.

Yes it has turn signals and hazard lights. The wiring is there but not hooked up. It does have a functional horn though. This will come in handy at the races. A new way to scare people out of my way. I don't know if the brake light or speedometer and stuff like that works yet. It does have a functioning clock on it. I haven't took the time to figure all the electrical stuff out yet and the dealer didn't have the owners manual yet. Maybe that has something to do with the fact I got it 2 weeks early.

I'm going to try to have a full report on how it compares to the c'dale this weekend. My cousins will be out to go riding and I just might have to have a little drag race with my 2 quads and the one cousins 88 lt250r. I'll let you all know the out come.

Old 11-13-2002, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

KoolQuad!!!!

Can't wait to hear a good comparison.That thing looks mx ready.

Old 11-13-2002, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

LOL.My wife just looked at all the pics and fell in love.She wants one for the highway.

Old 11-13-2002, 11:51 PM

woooo

this is a good thing i hope the 450 fi comes out and the resale on cannons drops so i can get one dirt cheap

lol

sweet quad
cant wait to here the report from an honest rider not a mag

later

Old 11-14-2002, 12:15 AM
Range Rover

definatly cool looking, i like the locking gas cap and the street legal features, too bad we cant ride them like they do motorcylces. seems pretty stupid to me that we cant. cant wait to see the 450

Old 11-14-2002, 12:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

lt250r91 did it come with razers???? what jets did they use??? what is the ltr valve cover??? what does ltr stand for??? let me know exactly what you did with the suspension since i have a gas gas coming in a week or two.. do you race?? if so where???

Old 11-14-2002, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

Mxmike
Yep it comes set-up more towards mx, I'm looking to narrow it so I can xc race it. Same goes with softening the suspension. so far so good on the set-up changes.

For the those interested in street legal quads, I've read 2 articles on street legal cannondales in Arizona. The mags where Nov 2002 Dirtwheels and Nov 2002 Atv action. So they might be street legal in your state. Something to look into if interested.

I've been told the only difference between the 300 and 450 is the engine the quad will look the same.

The quad came with .190 douglas rims with 4 ply 20" rear razors and 4 ply 21" fronts. The pictures of the quad you see is all stock exempt for the carbon fiber rims and tires and the LTR cover.

The quad comes with a Keihin PWK38mm carb with stock jetting at 175 main, 38 pilot, and N1ED needle with the clip in the #3 setting.
when the dealer added the LTR cover he used their jetting kit which uses a 178 main, 48 pilot, and the a different needle (not sure on which one) same clip setting and the air screw is 3 turns out.

For info on LTR's products check out their site
LTR
The 300cc dirt bike parts are the ones that were used on the quad.
LTR is short for LT-racing name of an aftermarket company that makes stuff for GasGas bikes.

I race the GNCC's and local harescrambles in southern Ohio. The dealer is wanting me to do some Northern Ohio racing next year so I'll be racing just about everywhere in Ohio next season. Go luck on the quad. For now I got the fronts on the 6 softest comp. setting and 10 or 12 th on the rebound. The rear is on 4th softest comp and I think 8th on the rebound. Only other thing I can think of doing is backing off the rear spring increasing the sag. I'll let everyone know what ends up with the shock settings. Still thinking about having them revalved and resprung. I have to wait until I race it once to make sure. I hard to tell which way to go until you race it. I can get it close by just trail riding.

Old 11-14-2002, 11:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all i have to say man, is awesome...

Old 11-17-2002, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

A dealer had one at Little Sahara OK. this weekened. He had it out for 2 minutes before someone bought it. This machine looks very very well built. I think it is a steal at that price. It may be to wide for some at 52 inches, but nice for the dunes. I am waiting for the report of how it did against the Cannondale.

Quick Reply: GasGas Quad Update (pics)