KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

GasGas Quad Update (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GasGas Quad Update (pics)

Go to the link at the bottom of this post and look in the 03 GasGas folder. I'll have a riders report and other info at a later time on this machine. If any is interested in one the dealer is suppose to get another 300cc 2-stroke in sometime next week. And he is also talking about getting a 450cc efi 4-stroke in a month or so. So if you what one the these quads give them a call. Just tell them that Mike (the guy that bought quad off them) told you about it. Their info is the business card on the pictures section.

Old 11-12-2002, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

Bitchin' lookin ride!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us well informed. (I thought the New Kids On The Block were a dead issue. LOL

Thanks

Old 11-12-2002, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

P.S.

I Will not go back to 2-Stoke.

2 issues pending;

1. Environmental ****'s (John F. Kerry aka "Bill Clinton" Algore,Finestine....................

2. Too much maintainence

Thank God for this laptop's portability, I have maps that feel "2" stroke for my machine.

Old 11-12-2002, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer

very kewl. be sure to post how it compares to the c-dale. if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?

Old 11-12-2002, 10:39 PM
Range Rover

Mike was wondering if this Gas-Gas is gonna fit thru the woods? looks awfully wide. And what is the number for the dealer? And what kinda price we talking for the 300? thanks

Old 11-12-2002, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

lt250r91: Sweet ride! I'm a die-hard 250R guy, and the thought of a 300PV 2 stroke quad is great. Does it vibrate without a counterbalancer? What's the power like? The cast aluminum swingarm looks great, is it a linkage setup? Once again nice ride, I just want some more info.

Old 11-13-2002, 09:58 AM
Pro Rider

Mike,

Your machine looks suh-weeeeeeeeet!!! You'll definitely have to give a write-up on its performance, and also how it compares to your Speed!!!

PS- how's the job situation now?

Old 11-13-2002, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

First off. Still unemployed. This gives me more time the ride these 2 machines. I still haven't finished breaking it in yet. But I can give everyone a couple complains and some early evaluations on the machine.

First off the important stuff. Dealer info and pricing:
Dealer is: Race Ready Cycles in Dover, Ohio
owned and ran by Don and Ann Grove
Phone # (330)602-9219
Located right off 77 at exit 83

Don said he will have another 300 in next week and a 450 4-stroke in within the next 4 weeks. If you are interested in one call ASAP, because these thing will sell quick and it might be a long time before more make it here.

Pricing: Sticker price on one is $7695 + plus tax & title. I paid $7900 OTD for mine including with $150 in upgrades. (LTR exhaust valve cover and jetting kit). The LTR stuff adds more low to mid range power.

Now for first impression. As you can see from some of the pics I now have Hiper Tech wheels on it. Honda/ Cannondale bolt pattern. I reccomend the Honda offset. Right now I got the rear to 48" and the front to 51" If I put the honda offset fronts on (4-1 offset) it will reduce it to 49" up front. I'm going to be looking into getting it down to around 47" wide front and rear.

I've got a complain on the rear shock. First not enough travel-seat height increased. I think an 1" longer shock would do the trick. I've also dropped the shock setts (front and rear) to 2 clicks from the softest setting and I thinks it's still to stiff. It looks like I'm going to have to have them revalved & resprung sometime before I start racing it. Another complain on the rear shock is it's a B@#$% to adjust the compresion & rebound settings. Frames in the way of the comp. and the swingarm is in the way of the rebound.

All the above are small things that can be change. I know one thing this machine does have power and that twist throdle is a little different.

Side note on the carbon fiber rims the fronts are a little close on the inside bell against the brake caliber. I've already contacted Hiper Tech about the problem and the engineer is working with me to fix the problem. He asked how I got the machine already then said you know what it would look good with a set of blue rings. I agreed with him. Maybe a set will show up.

As for the vibration on the quad. I haven't felt any at all.

Any question feel free to ask. I'll try to reply ASAP. Well I gots to go ride. Later

Old 11-13-2002, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

KEWL as hell. Give the twist throttle some time. I have one on my Steed and it is awesome.

Old 11-13-2002, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

thats wild! does the turn signals work?

Quick Reply: GasGas Quad Update (pics)