KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Attn Scot Montgomery!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attn Scot Montgomery!!!!!!!!!!

Quad racing has gained ALOT of popularity, but take a step back and look at the whole picture. What percentage of consumers would spend $13,000 on a quad? Sure, there are A LOT of Cannondales in the GNC and GNCC's today, but not everyone can spend $7K at the least for a bike. I don't know about where you're from, but around here(TQRA), there are alot more people on stock+ 400EX's and Banshee's than $10K quads. Sure, there's the occasional CRF450 or ProTraxx 265R, but how many people that race quads can afford to spend that much money? He!! I can barely afford to keep my 89 on the track.

I will applaud Cannondale until the day I die. If they do end up going under, people will look at them just like the 250R: "Man I wish it would be made again..." The truth of the matter is though, a company can't survive on sport quads alone. For instance, when I drive down I30 going to races, I MIGHT see a sport quad every once in a while, but I can't drive 5 minutes without seeing a trailer full of utilities.

Old 12-17-2002, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

First, there's 2 "t's" in Scott....:-)

And they're not going anywhere. I was just down the factory. Yes, times are slow right now, and they have a loan out that needs paid...but bottom line, they're NOT closing the doors or selling out to Harley.(just heard that one)

Please don't panic and think that Cannondale is going under. Every company went through this once before. THey're still a young company, your going to have this.

Just wait until you seen next years Blaze and Moto.....

And BartlettRacing, WE DON'T HAVE TO TELL THEM....CANNONDALE ALREADY DID!!!! They're going to call them back during the spring build....so don't even go there....this is still a new company

Old 12-20-2002, 11:44 PM
Trailblazer

Link #1
Link #2
Link #3

would somebody post a link to these news stories. man i have enough trouble just typing a reply, aint no way i can type all that stuff to get to them news stories.
Yep! I'm bored!