Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN> WORCS RIDERS~~~~QUADS ONLY RACE~~~

Attn. WORCS riders....~~~QUADS ONLY RACE~~
Clay Peaks Motocross Park

Track Details
Website: http://whiteknuckleracing.org/tracks.htm Race Date: Sept. 17-19th, 2004
Region: 1 & 2 Presented By: Scott USA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description:
ATV's Only Event with new classes for youth, family poker runs, and team races! Clay Peaks Motocross Park is the ideal atv racing destination in the country! Don't miss this event as it will pay double points for all amateur classes in both regions 1 and 2.

Directions:

EVENT SCHEDULE:

Friday Practice $20 10-3pm Amateur/Youth,

3-4pm Pro Test n' Tune

Saturday –September 18th, 2004

7:30
Unclassified Practice-No Youth Riders Allowed

8:30
0-70cc Production (7-11yrs),71-90cc Production (8-15yrs)

9:30 Production Pro, A & B
11:00 Utility, Women, 91-200cc/300cc 4-stk production (13-15yrs)
12:30 Sport 16-29yrs, C, Vet 30+ C, Master 40+ C, Senior 50+
2:00 Open Pro, A & B
3:00 Family Fun Run
4:00 Awards/Raffle

Sunday –September 19th, 2004
7:30 Team Race:A, B, and C Teams (2 riders(same ability)/1 ATV)
9:00 Vet 30+ A & B, Master 40+ A & B
10:30 50cc Production (4-6yrs), 50cc Production (7-8yrs)
11:15 Pro Parade Lap
11:30 Pro Main-Pro and Qualified SemiPro's Only
1:30 Awards

Practice Hours: 10-4pm Friday $20
Age Class: Bring Valid ID to Sign Up
Track Entry Fee: $15 for weekend, under 5 over 60 free
Gate Hours: 6am-10pm daily
Camping: Free
Host Hotel:
Other Hotels:

WE NEED YOU............. We need all the riders we can get for this round!!!!! This is an important round due to the fact that they are going to have this round for a QUADS ONLY RACE....IF we can get enough riders out there and show them that we can have a good attendance, next year they will take into serious considertaion running us our OWN series....... I think the PAyette Idaho has one of the best wk ends of riding to offer as well....Also, first time....................... MINI QUAD CLASS!!!! Hats off to WORCS and to whiteknuckle for letting the kids get involved.....Lets see you ALL out there.......Kids, Moms, Dads, also dont forget the team race .......Ill be doing Race coverage and pics and may have to juggle a camera with someone else if I race myself....Septt. is almost here so mark your Calendars!!!

If anyone has qusetions for dierstions, lodging ect. let me know..... Tina

2003 Polaris Predator with Trinity stage IV with full system,, Weisco Piston 12:5,,Vortex CDI (HPD mapping )Pro Armour Bumper,Rath headlgiht covers,HPD Sway Bar, pro armour nerfs,Tusk HandleBars, jet blast air scoops ,18in turf tamers w/burgard beadlocks, ,..2002 426ex~~Yoshimura full system,ROSS piston(11:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, Renthal bars,Durablue Sway Bar,Pro Armour Nerfs,Grooved MX radials,18 inch turf tamers,douglas rims,Burgard beadlock rears,,silver maier plastic custom seat cover,Custom graphics,, douglas .190 rims Work Triple rate w/ rezzies,Tinner Air Scoops, . ....2001 Kasea Skyhawk 90~~ Trinity pipe, ,Fast Trekker rears, Douglas rims,holeshot fronts,custom graphics, seat cover,,Fly handlebars. 2002 Eton Viper 50cc~~~ Fast trekker Rears,Holeshot fronts on Douglas rims........

Thank you 2004 Sponsors!!~~~
Hetricksracing
IMS/Roll Design
Nicholas cycle
Grizzly Sports
Inland Jet Motor sports
HardRock Motorsports
Flyin J Fuel Stop
Durablue

Old 08-05-2004, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

what kind of racing is it? i went to the web site and it said mx track. have you raced in worcs before. what class could i participate in do you chose the class or do they. is there a sound limit. how long is a race do you think i could get some sponcers in one month

Old 08-05-2004, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

hm.. well.......alot depends on alot of factors..
First.......Have you ever raced before???? This race will be 45-60 minute race......it will be more about endurance than pure raw power .......Ther is no big jumps., only a step up and a hillclimb,some sweet fast trails are a big portion of the track ,you actually will start off on Sand,then trails then loop around the MX track after climbing one hillclimb,then start over........There are many,many, classes from Pro to C class and Vet even mini atv!!!! Spnsorship would be hard this time of year..but not impossible...Depennds on what kind of sponosor your looking for and how much racing you have had .....BUT..you might pick yourself up one at the Nationals if you kick @$$!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] We have been to one WORCs race in Cali...

Old 08-06-2004, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

first off no i have not raced before second do you think i could train hard enough in one month to race or should i just wait tell april and race in price third how big of a hillclimb could a lakota or 230 make it to the top with out having everybody and there grandma pass them. im 15 can i race or do i have to wait to be 16 what class would a modded lakota go into can you still be in c with a modded machine

Old 08-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider

I raced the washington rounds of the WORCS at Goldendale and Longview, I'll be at this race too. I will run my gasgas in Production B and Vet B. my brother should be there too, we should have his LT ready to go soon.... he'll probly run C class.

newduck- something to keep in mind, if you register for C class & believe you would be competitive in B or A, they will bump you up a class or disqualify you from that class... they track everything with computers... for them to do that, you have to run a transponder(small grey plastic box) on your quad, which you can rent for the weekend & turn in when your done to get the deposit back. the cool thing from this is you get exact lap times, overall finish, etc, etc... (as long as the transponder stays on!) look on the WORCS website for an example.

WORCS races generally have a mix of terrain: woods, mild MX, desert, etc. loops are usually 5-8 miles long.

hope to see ya there!

Old 08-06-2004, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dual-sporter
I raced the washington rounds of the WORCS at Goldendale and Longview, I'll be at this race too. I will run my gasgas in Production B and Vet B. my brother should be there too, we should have his LT ready to go soon.... he'll probly run C class.

newduck- something to keep in mind, if you register for C class & believe you would be competitive in B or A, they will bump you up a class or disqualify you from that class... they track everything with computers... for them to do that, you have to run a transponder(small grey plastic box) on your quad, which you can rent for the weekend & turn in when your done to get the deposit back. the cool thing from this is you get exact lap times, overall finish, etc, etc... (as long as the transponder stays on!) look on the WORCS website for an example.

WORCS races generally have a mix of terrain: woods, mild MX, desert, etc. loops are usually 5-8 miles long.

hope to see ya there!
Yes, but doesnt he have to be at least 16??? I know minis are one thing ,but in the adult classes ? I m not sure about age requirements........

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I DO know that we need all the bodies out there to show support so that we can hopefully have our OWN series next year...and think about it.....NO DIRTBIKES FOR THIS ROUND!!!This should be a great wk end for racing!!! If you meet the age requirements you should come, you dont have to be fast....You dont have to be the best......You just need to have fun!!!

Old 08-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

i would love to come but i guess i can only race in the 70to90cc class and its kind of hard for a 90cc quad to hall around a 6'1" 175 pound guy around a hour race plus i would be very cramped. i think it would be worth the 5 and a half hour drive there if i could just race something bigger than me. do they race the dirt bikes and quads in the same race becasuse if they do that would suck

Old 08-06-2004, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

OK sorry i missed that on the age/height/weight! I PM'd you about it... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

there is also a 13-15 y/o class: 91-200(2-stroke)/300 (4-stroke) production. the lakota is a production 250, isn't it? (look at the schedule posted by TNTquadjunkies carefully- this class will run saturday at 8:30 AM)

also, you need a tether kill switch on the quad(s) you run.

there won't be any dirtbikes at this race, except maybe in the pits and medics running the track during the races(but they stay out of the way)

Old 08-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

ok the lakota is a 290. so how do i sign up do i just go to the race or what. would just a carb and filter and port work on the lakota bump me up to b. what about the 230 could i race it in c with just a pipe on it.

Old 08-06-2004, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider

B and C classe have no displacement requirements (it's the rider that matters in a race like this), the class i mentioned above (91-20/300) is OK with the mods you have on those quads too. it doesn't have A, B, or C divisions yet.

the WORCS rules are pretty easy going for the most part.

Quick Reply: ATTN> WORCS RIDERS~~~~QUADS ONLY RACE~~~