KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

DIRT WHEELS HIGHLY ACCURATE ARTICALS lol

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIRT WHEELS HIGHLY ACCURATE ARTICALS lol

the way i look at it is this, if i pull up beside you and say lets race. you blow my doors off well you just blew my doors off no excuses. if they have a shoot out then everybody should start out even no matter what the cost difference or whatever. the quads should be judged on their performance. now if they said we are looking for the best quad for the average joe that would be different too. i dont read dirt wheels anymore because of these half a$$ shoot outs. we are the ones out there riding these quads evrey day and we know what the truth is. like i tell these guys when they start crap like that, bring it out and we will put our moto up against it and we will see who comes out on top. i dont mean to start a flame but i had a guy argue with me a couple of weeks ago saying a raptor handled better than a cdale on a mx track and we all know better than that. hey guys we all know what our dales can do and the best thing to do is keep proving it at the tracks. we were just putting josh's resume together to send out to potential sponsors and they asked you to list your last 14 races and where you placed. he had 6 first, 6 second, 1 third and 1 fourth. i will let that speak for the performance of the cannondales. dirt wheels is dream wheels as far as i am concerned.

Old 12-21-2002, 11:25 PM
efg
Pro Rider

atv sport is the best magazine. mark-a raptor handles better than a c-dale.lol. who said that?lol

Old 12-21-2002, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

some dude on the e-mail forum with atving.com. man he argued with me for 2 days about it. you get your shock fixed ? josh got his cast off thursday but he still has a ways to go. when you gonna race again ?

Old 12-22-2002, 02:01 AM
Pro Rider

i used the renewal notice from dirt wheels to light my woodstove the other night. thats how i feel about it. if its junk mail, then it should be free. i vote with my wallet.

nuff said

Old 12-22-2002, 03:38 AM
RPM
Pro Rider

It's obvious to everyone (Even the Test Riders) that the C-Dale is a more performance oriented Quad.

3 Things:

1) It was "4 Wheel ATV Action" Not Dirt Wheels, that did the Shootout between the Dale & the Z, and even though the Dale won every performance test, they still chose the Z. Dirt Wheels did the Alba Dune shootout that NO ONE agreed with, not C-Dale, Raptor, Banshee, DS and yes even some Z/KFX owners.

2) I am amazed at how quickly everyone forgets how the Mags tend to LOVE the Low Cost, Good Handling, Do everything Well (But Nothing the Best) kind of Performance Quads. The Honda 400EX and now the Z400 are just 2 examples of that.

3) You will ***NEVER*** have a shootout or any type of Comparison Test that will please everyone!!! Not as long as riders are loyal to their brand & model, or until we are all riding the same kind.

I'm not by any means trying to Defend the Mags, But it is truly a NO WIN sittuation. Most of the controversy is over ALL OUT Blinding Speed, weather it's a drag race or which one runs the Fastest lap at the MX track. If you don't believe me just spend one day reading this or any of the other Forums. To be quite honest with you, when you look at the large volume of Performance Quad buyers out there, Blinding speed is generaly not the deciding factor for which Quad to buy and the manufacturers know it (Look at the Z/KFX sales). If it was, C-Dale would only be producing one Quad and Yamaha would only be building Raptors. On top of that, trust me when I say this "The rider is 75% of the equation". If you don't believe me, put a beginer on a C-Dale Moto and a pro on a Honda 400EX, sit back and see what happens.

I don't understand how it got to be such a Di*k Swinging contest (Sorry Ladies). Every time something new and inovative comes along (Such as the Z, the Dale's and the new Predator, maybe even a new 450 Raptor?), we ALL WIN!!! It's what make this industry thrive and grow. Instead we spend all our time and energy Beating our Chests, Pissing and Complaining about what this guy thinks or that Magazine wrote. It doesn't matter SH*T. We will all still ride what we want, NO matter what anyone else thinks.

I know that this is falling on Deaf Ears (Eyes), but I am getting tired of clicking on a Thread who's title says one thing, and the conversation ends up being the same bunch of Nonsense Over & Over again!!!

My 2 cents.

Old 12-22-2002, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not brand loyal even though I've owned 2 Hondas. I just want the shootouts to make sense. I don't care which quad wins as long as it's the bike that had the highest average finish in the criteria. If the Predator wins even though I'm not a Polaris guy I can live with that as long as the test results back it up. I don't care much about top speed but a lot of people do I think you have to take acceleration, top speed, handling, suspesion, stance and weight all into consideration. I think they can come out with a shootout that makes sense. I don't think they will as long as they kiss their advertisers A$$es and make false statements like the moto is 46.5" wide or take a shot at a quads price when they have the most expensive quad in the companies line up.