KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Mark, Josh and Company. Please read

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mark, Josh and Company. Please read

First off Congrats on the Nac's Sponsorship!!!! Way to go team........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

On a more serious note and I'm just speculating.

If team Nac's is securing riders for '03 I think this is damn good news as to the direction Cannondale is heading into the future. To me it answers the million dollar question of the future of C'Dale motorsports. It all looks good.....Just my thoughts.

Old 01-13-2003, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

thanks dubya
i dont think cannondale is going anywhere but that is my opinin. since mrp let the cat out of the bag ( finally ) about his new dale we will have another top notch rider on a dale. we plan on doing a lot of riding with mrp this year and hope to hit some of the nationals with him next year. josh is not old enough for this season but next year we will be on the road. another year at the local tracks and some texas tracks is only gonna improve his riding skills. we had already planned to jump into the B division at first but may eye the A division by that time. we had some bad luck this past weekend but should be back up by this weekend to race the third round. later

Old 01-13-2003, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer

Congrats Mark and Josh!

Old 01-13-2003, 09:31 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

Mark- This past weekend was beyond bad luck!

Old 01-14-2003, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

If you're riding this weekend it must not have been that bad, huh Mark? Come on though, you know we love a racin story!

Old 01-14-2003, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

ok i guess i have to tell. josh practiced an hour or so saturday. his arm felt good and things looked good for the race the next day. the moto started sputtering so we started checking the usual things fuel filter, plug, loose wires and such. it got worse and then wouldnt stay running. kip got there about 7:00 pm and dug into the quad. a couple hours later we pulled the flywheel and the stator fell out with the flywheel. all the screws had backed out. we bolt it back in and try and start it and it wont start. ok bad stator. we pull the stator off a cannibal kip brought along in case we needed any parts. start the quad and it runs and idles fine. ok problem fixed.....we thought. meanwhile we done all this work in the drizzling rain with 34 degree temps and it is now 1:00 am in the morning. we get in the camper to catch a couple hours of shut eye. get up in the morning and josh goes to practice and the moto wont stay running. we pullthe flywheel and the stator bolts are real loose already. kip is cranking the quad and i notice the flywheel is wobbling. ends up bent crank. its getting close to race time and we have no quad, we put the stator back in the cannibal and force the long travel shocks off the moto on the front ( the cannibal had no front shocks on it ) start the cannibal and sounds fine. josh takes it for a test ride and it starts sputtering. stator is ruined from putting in moto and flywheel rubbing on it and it is not charging. we figure if we fully charge the battery he might make the 3 laps in the LCQ since he missed the 2 heat races. he comes out of the gate and leads for about a lap and a half and the quad dies, battey to low to keep the quad running. so that ended our race day. we are dropping a new motor in the moto thursday so we can race this weekend. sorry not too good a race story.hopefully this weekend will be better.

Old 01-14-2003, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

wow, thanks Mark. Good troubleshooting. Man that's weird, bent crank? Better luck next week!!

Old 01-14-2003, 09:50 AM
MrP
Pro Rider

hmmmm.....wonder how that happened. Sorry yall, its an inside joke.

Old 01-14-2003, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

well if you must know......we let some lame-a$$ amateur ride our moto and he bent our crank. we are going to talk to him about paying for the new motor..................LOL

Old 01-14-2003, 11:01 AM
MrP
Pro Rider

Yup, thats what I had heard through the grape vine. Damn amateurs! lol.

Oh yea one more thing Mark, you act like 34 degrees in the rain is cold!

Quick Reply: Mark, Josh and Company. Please read