KTM Discussions about KTM ATVs.

Cannondales against CRFS or YZFS

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 02:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cannondales against CRFS or YZFS

I'm a big fan of cannondale and I would love to own one. I know that there motor is by far more powerful than about anything out there in a quad right now. But I was wondering if any of you have ever draged a CRF 450 quad or YZF 426 quad?? If so please reply and tell me what happened

Old 01-17-2003, 02:34 PM
Range Rover

moto 440 vs yzf 426 on a MX track

elizabeth city

yzf got hole shot

moto was able to run it down

moto has much more top end

other than top end, little difference.

*****although The yzf was geared for Elizibeth City.
The Moto Should have been geared down for that track
If the moto was geared properly I dont think the yzf would of pulled the hole shot.

Old 01-17-2003, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

I believe Markvette has a pic of his son, Josh, getting the holeshot over a YZF engined quad.

A local motor builder told me that Hunter Millers CRF450 quad (the one that Jeremiah Jones used to race) was dyno'd at either 40 HP or a little over 40, and that the 50+ HP reading was not at the real wheels. But, he said the power curve is awesome which is why it performs so well. I haven't had the chance to race a YZF or CRF yet... hopefully I will sometime soon.

Old 01-17-2003, 05:33 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

I have rode two quads with yz426's in them and one with a crf450 in it. One of the yz's was stock and the other was Johnny Hale's old one with motor work done to it. The 450 I rode was also stock. I have rode a Cannibal (stock), Moto (HMF full system, and a Blaze (stock).

Cannondale vs. stock yz426 (IMO): The Cannondale seemed faster to me hands down, but the yz was a close second.

Cannondale vs. Modded yz426: It was pretty clos but that yz426 was faster. It had more bottom and revved a tad faster than the Cannondale. But it was modded like crazy so I would expect that. The Cannondale would still hold its own though against it only being weaker off the start.

Cannondale vs. crf450: The 450 is really fast also, but the Cannondale can still hold its own against it also.

As far as I am concerned you cant beat the Cannondales stock for stock. No quad can. All my opinions are based on MX set-ups so I dont want to hear anyone that drag races or anything else like that complaining. And besides it is just my opinion. And one more thing just cause you have seen a quad beat another quad out the gate doesnt always mean that it is the fastest quad. I have beat many quads that were probably faster than mine out the hole on my 250r, I just held the gas longer! And in MX that is what it boils down to.

Old 01-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: MrP

Cannondale vs. stock yz426 (IMO): The Cannondale seemed faster to me hands down, but the yz was a close second.

Cannondale vs. Modded yz426: It was pretty clos but that yz426 was faster. It had more bottom and revved a tad faster than the Cannondale. But it was modded like crazy so I would expect that. The Cannondale would still hold its own though against it only being weaker off the start.
That seems to be what I saw from the two quads.

Old 01-17-2003, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

damn cannondales wil hamer, i'd love to have one

Old 01-17-2003, 11:21 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

jb416ex- Get you one! If you are interested in one I can get you a good deal. PM if you want more info. Later.

Old 01-18-2003, 12:27 AM
Range Rover

We have both and the YZF is stock. We have faster mx lap times on the YZF !!

Old 01-18-2003, 02:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm going to keep my HONDA. I love DALES but I have put to much money and time in my current quad. Once I get a little more spunk out of my motor I will be more satisfied with the HONDA. But I would still love to have a DALE. One day in the future maybe

Old 01-18-2003, 05:37 PM
MrP
Pro Rider

dawzie- Yea I turn faster lap times on my 250r, but it is nestled in a Walsh frame. I am sure that I would be faster on a Walsh 450 or 426 also than the Cannondale even if it is decked out. It is good to see someone that has both quads to be able to compare. How much quicker are the lap times on the Houser opposed to the C-dale? Well I will holler at you later.

Quick Reply: Cannondales against CRFS or YZFS