Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

DEAN: PRESIDNETIAL CANDIDATE ANTI-ATV

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003 | 05:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default DEAN: PRESIDNETIAL CANDIDATE ANTI-ATV

Triumph,

Yes I remember the whole "Democrat Boycott". I found it quite childish. The people elected to represent the mass basically threw a "temper-tantrem" and stormed out like a little kid; pretty pitiful. I do agree with on the issue of political promises often being nothing more than election tools. It is a complex problem which will likely see no simple solution in the near future.

~HoundDog

Old 11-06-2003 | 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: TriumphDude
Originally posted by: Jerrydlish
Originally posted by: ShadyRascal
Originally posted by: evhwg<br your vote means squat it is the electoral vote that counts.

Uh, did you happen to catch that last Presidential election, you know, the one that came down to a few votes?

You mean the one that the person with the most popular votes (Gore) lost?? You may have proven evhwg's point. I don't fully agree w/ evhwg that your vote doesn't mean squat, your vote means something....but....if you live in a state like utah, which ALWAYS votes republican, and has few representives, then your presidential vote pretty much means squat..... The presidential election should be based on the popular vote.

Jerry,

If we went by the popular vote, then the coastal states would have the total voice. We all know how the masses in the cities on each coast vote......liberal. We have the best form of government, to have checks and balances. We just need to get rid of career politicians, who have never worked in the private sector in their lifes. We still live in the best country in the world!
This thread still going?? lol....I couldn't agree with you more as far as the career politicians go....I believe career politicians have their own agenda and their own interests in mind. I believe we need more folks from the private sector in office who actually CARE about the people's best interests.

It seems I have been place on the "liberal" side of the fence. But I consider myself neither conservative nor liberal, I would like to think I am middle of the road. I believe in common sense politics, and vote for politicians who I more strongly agree with whether it is Republican or Democrat. Though living in Utah I have a bad taste in my mouth when it come to Republicans, this is republican dominated state due to the religious influences and the Republicans in power have passed 100's of freedom restricting laws based on their religious beliefs that I and many do not share. Hence based on the above sentence is why I personally like the popular vote as opposed to the electoral college. I like to know my vote still counts if I happen to be voting for a demo or 3rd party candidate, because this state always goes to a Republican.

Old 11-09-2003 | 12:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ridley
There's no way Bush won't get re-elected unless they catch him with Hillary Clinton under his desk. Bush is gonna be around another 4 years, so I wouldn't get all in a bind about Howard the Duck. I think the American people finally got tired of having a puussy for a president, and I think they like the way it is now. I know I do.

Anytime you want to give up rights and freedoms, vote democrat
No doubt about it. Since I collect guns as well, I get shafted on both ends. Seems like everything I own or like to do comes under fire constantly. I guess I'm just not a mindless model citizen or something......

Well put!!!!!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2003 | 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Guys....a little off topic, but back on the original topic....lol.....did anybody save the full article, or know where I can find it. Looks like the Yahoo link went down. Thanks!

-Josh