Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Idaho forest service

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004 | 04:57 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Idaho forest service

Any one heard anything about a total ban on riding off road in Idaho on USFS . I understand the ( fish & gameless ) rules , but I now here that you cant leave the road for any reason period ! any time any where and that you have to have drivers license to be on the road no exceptions . Well i guess the kids will just have to hang out and do drugs or maybe go shoot some place up . Seeings how we cant ride as a family anymore. Also my understanding for the new USFS law is so that ATV's dont spread weed seed . I guess we should help out and shoot all the deer and elk that venture into private land and eat weeds . and I will be sure and take a water truck with a LARGE hose and wait for anybody bringing horses to the woods and give them a good flushing just to be safe . And the grazing cattle
These laws are coming from the same people that thought it would be best to burn there toilet paper after taking a dump while hiking and burt over 100,000 acres of timber . Yes genius arent they [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2004 | 02:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Old 02-02-2004 | 03:21 PM
Range Rover

I don't know about Idaho but this sounds like the same Sierra Club nonsence that we have to deal with all the time, everywhere. If it's a new rule, wouldn't hurt to check out the adoption process - public notice and all that. Forest Service is in bed with the Sierra Club and frequently posts new rules at SCs bidding w/o due process.
700 quadman

Old 02-02-2004 | 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

I use to live in Idaho,Grew up in Nampa.. the problem is all the Californians are come and useing there city politics were they dont belong...TREEHUGGERS...The same thing has happened in Colorado now look at that state..They've messed it up too...I agree with you Outlaw some californian is on the Board and calling all these stupid laws...Becuase they have NO clue as to whats going on....He just whats to be know for something......Idaho use to be the best place to live.... My Mom still lives there and says in horrible now....

Old 02-02-2004 | 04:25 PM
Trailblazer

The Forest Service IS NOT in bed with the Serria club! They have been fighting for years. The Serria club costs the Forst Service millions of dollars a year in court costs. WE pay that. My fathere retired early from the Forest Service, because he was tired of the ignorant misinfromed tree huggers. He managed a national forest in Wisconsin for many years. Tread softly on public lands or we will lose the
privilege to ride. In Texas, we have to ride on private lands, ATV parks, for the most part. There isn't very much public land here.

Old 02-02-2004 | 07:23 PM
|
Pro Rider

TriumphDude instead of "dont tread lightly" How about DONT TREAD ON ME ! I grew up around horses and live stock I know there next after the lock out the atv's I love to ride horses in the woods not as much as ATV's . Problem is dosent matter how lightly you tread there is some bureaucratic idiot who want to change things . Prime example You cant ride in this area becuase it will disturb the indigenous elk herds and you might bring some seed from the prairie area into the forest . The elk in Idaho were transplanted here in the early 1900's from the prairies So maybe there lies the problem lets take it all back the way it used to be .
I want to transplant some of these wolves and grizzlys into Hollywood and New york area maybe then they would better understand why we dont want them in out back yards SOund good to everyone else

Old 02-02-2004 | 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

AMEN Brother....

Old 02-05-2004 | 04:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have heard from some of the USFS rangers in our state that Nationally the FS is looking at closing down everything to OFF TRAIL use. You will only be able to ride on marked/maintained trails. I believe there will be some kind of proposal coming out this summer, or about that time. One of the Ranger Districts in our state is being proactive and trying to figure out some solutions on providing some trails for ATV use, due to the fact that there really isn't any trails in their district for ATV's. Keep an eye out for whatever proposal they come out with.

Old 02-25-2004 | 08:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Say Outlaw,
Just joing this conversation, a little late. I am up in the panhandle, and have been fighting with the forest nonservice for the last two years, along with the other members of our club, and citizens. They have not stopped us from riding in the forest, and I dont think that will ever happen. There is a lot of pressure on them right now. They are now in the process of writing the new forest plan, and they think that they are really fooling everyone by inviting the public to join in on the process. We want trails, and thats that. They want to talk about trees, streams and stuff like that. We all feel that they have their agenda set down by the upper folks over in Montana. The only way you can stop the shutting down of the forest, is to stay in their faces. They have told us that there are only a few trails that we can ride on all year, and the rest is closed to motorized vehicles nine months out of the year. That is all except the infamous snowmobiles, they have free range, and can go anytime that they feel they can get through the snow. It is really a sore spot with us, as to how they get along so well without a motor, at least the is what the forest nonservice seems to think they have. Its ok for them, but not us. If you ask the f/s why the closure they will say go see the fish and game, and they will tell you to go see the forest nonservice. We are staying on them and that is what you and your friends should do too, we all have to stick together on this subject, or we will wind up like Washington, Montana and Wyoming - no trails to speak of! Happy trails.

Old 03-02-2004 | 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

say i cant remember but i read that if there was more maintained atv trails in forests that fire fighting would be easyer , oh but hold it that would make sence ,and we all know that common sence and any thing goverment goes together like oil and water .

Quick Reply: Idaho forest service