Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Idaho forest service

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004 | 12:21 AM
Pro Rider
Default Idaho forest service

ya I hear ya deanz400... Sounds like the goones are thinkin AGAIN...Always backwards

Old 03-17-2004 | 05:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Anybody hear about a ride to protest the closing of the so called public land. I heard that there was an orginized ride a couple of weeks ago in Coeur D' Alene Id. I missed it but would be very interested any other such rides or oportunities to make our voices heard. I snowmobile all winter and never have any issues about where we can go. One thing to consider is the few that ruin it for the majority of us. Sounds cliche but we need to make sure that we follow the Pack it in Pack it out rule. We have had private areas locally that have been closed because of people who throw trash out, yes empty beer cans are trash, and for those people that think it is cool to vandalize equipment. We need to help those few misguided people that we see out there, make the right choices so we will not lose the areas that we still have.
Just ranting and ravings from a person that likes to play in the woods and the sand. Quads, Snowmobiles, and Horses I would like to keep our access available for me and others that enjoy it, to play with our toys.
Kippnidaho

Old 03-17-2004 | 07:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Kippnidaho, ya we did have a ride to protest the forest service and fish and game people. We had 136 machines and lots of coverage. We have not given up, and they are aware of it. If you want to get into this, join us in our endevours. We are the Backcountry ATV Assn, Inc. We are growing larger every week. Contact us at indypen@earthlink.net.