Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

new proposed trail legislation in NY!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004 | 04:36 PM
|
Range Rover
Default new proposed trail legislation in NY!

We must act. Send letters and make phone calls to our reps. WE SUPPORT THIS NEW BILL.

see http://www.nysorva.org for details.

rundown: increase registration to $45/yr BUT we finally get trails!

Old 03-08-2004 | 01:25 PM
|
Range Rover

uh... no interest? This is something we REALLY need! How many new yorkers have written the congressman about this? Let's see a show of hands.

Old 03-08-2004 | 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

Memento,
Here is my hand,I have been very busy lately and havent visited NYSORVA's site.Thank you for the heads up.Hopefully more NYers will see your post here and get on the bandwagon.

Vince

Old 03-08-2004 | 07:58 PM
Trailblazer

I have been beating the drum too, KEEP AFTER THEM!

Old 03-09-2004 | 01:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

if you look at the numbers it isn't about creating a trail system but more of increasing the general fund. read into it. just hope i can use my registration fee as a charitable contribution next year when i file my taxes.

Old 03-09-2004 | 02:43 AM
Trailblazer

I agree 03scrambler, but its a start. $850,000 of the projected total increase is only throwing us a bone, but it will get our foot in the door. Snowmobiles had to work a lot harder in the beginning to get trails established without that kind of funding boost. It is a step in the right direction!

Old 03-09-2004 | 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

03Scrambler,
If you go to NYSORVA's site and read what they(NYSORVA)are saying to write to your legislators you will see that what NYSORVA wants and I quote "a fair,equitable distribution of the registration fee imposed(proposed to be increased to $45.00)on par with the funding split that is proposed for snowmobilers".If you wqant to read it for yourself here is a link to their legislation page of their site NYSORVA .
I do agree that Gov.Pataki wants to pad the general fund but if people speak up we may be able to change that.But if you still want to donate the $45.00 instead of getting registered why not join a group like NYSORVA,ATVA or an area club?What myself and people like Memento and 1st Quad are trying to do is get the riders in NY organized.The snowmobilers wouldnt have anything if they hadnt gotten organized and look at the amount that they are going to get from their registration fee.

Vince

Old 03-09-2004 | 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

Or Trailpass linky

Old 03-09-2004 | 06:55 PM
Trailblazer

Well Said vhcat400i !!!

And - ZigZilla, You shold say "AND" Trailpass. Trailpass shows we are getting organized, and have private land owners who support
our cause. Many Trailpass trails could be tied in with state trails to form some larger riding areas.

Old 03-09-2004 | 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

Zig Zilla,
Yeah I forgot Trail Pass.But he cant be a member of trail pass unless he gets his machine registered.I am a member of Trail Pass,I joined this year.Thanks for the reminder.

Vince

Quick Reply: new proposed trail legislation in NY!