Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Anti atv website. look at what we're up against.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 05:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti atv website. look at what we're up against.

anti atv website
What i wonder...is how they get to the trails for walking? Maybe in their big suv?
Anyway , everyone should be aware, that when you go where you dont belong, and even if youre not caught, were all branded as bad. Its hard to argue with the photo evidence. I was young once, a long time ago, and it seemed like a different world then, however the internet didnt exist back then, and information, good and bad, didnt travel so fast.
Because of a few, unthinking, riders, this group got Duluth MN to ban atvs.

Old 03-28-2004, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

After reading some of the recent posts on this site about people hating their neighbours

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/391772.cfm

and some of the recommended tactics for "getting even", I think simply banning ATVs is much too mild for them, I'd recommend castrating the little f------s so they can't breed.

Now, having said that, there is a major problem with the way we as ATV users are perceived by the general public. It seems only the idiots get time on the local news, and the responsible users, and there are a LOT of us, wear it every time. What has to happen here is that we need to help eliminate the problem, not "band together" to present a "united front". I don't consider myself to be a "problem rider" and I'm sick of being asked to help save those who are.

We in Nova Scotia are facing the same kind of thing Minnesota is, because we are too tolerant of so called friends and neighbours that ARE the problem. Instead of shaking our head and laughing at them, then having a beer later, maybe we should be telling them what we really think. Peer pressure works, it's no fun being an a-- all by yourself, and it's sure no fun when no one's laughing anymore.

It's well past the time when we began taking responsibility for our actions, and those of others that aren't mature enough to do it themselves.

I can guess I'm not going to be popular with this post, but I really couldn't care less about that. Life's not a popularity contest, it's about doing what's right for you and for others.

I'll say this much, I'd like to leave the countryside in at least as good a condition as it was when it was given to me by the last set of caretakers. If that means not destroying it while I'm riding, then that's what I'll endeavour to do as long as I'm allowed to ride. Respect what's been entrusted to us all, for the sake of our children.

When it says "Tread Lightly" in my signature, I'm not kidding

Old 03-30-2004, 01:14 AM
Trailblazer

it's the same with gun laws the responsible suffer
anyway i sent them a nice little email

Old 03-31-2004, 01:45 PM
Range Rover

Good post Chilly.

Old 03-31-2004, 04:15 PM
Range Rover

The same people who organize that site go to the mall, eat at McDonald's, drive on paved roads, etc. They want to point thier fingers and claim someone else is causing the destruction of our planet. Our planet would be in much better shape if we all wore animal skins and lived in tee-pee's, so on and so forth. If we banned malls, shopping centers, and fast food restaraunts, and turned all of those areas into nature preserves, the little animals would have so much more habitat. Anyone think I could get followers? It looks like it only takes 2 or 3 wackos these days to get a Constitutional Amendment. How about a law that says you have to live within 5 miles of your workplace? That would really cut down on pollution.

By the way, I personally feel that if you don't own it, you shouldn't tear it up. All of my riding is done on private land.

Somewhere down the line, one of these idiots on an atv everyone is talking about probably hacked these people off, and they decided to get back at all of us. They probably couldn't care less about the environment. If their only platform is to get rid of atv's, they definitely just have a problem with atv'ers.

Old 04-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

your telling me!!!!! i live in Duluth Minnesota and i have alot of woods next to me and i loved to go wheeling but now i can't because of that stupid rule now my wheeler sits in my garage waiting to go out like a dog waiting for a walk but is pent up in its cage. im p!$$ed

Old 04-11-2004, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

i just sent them an e-mail --- it was a nasty one ... some one might say ..... they are only pushing the negatives --- what about the positives to riding? what do you think are the positives?

Old 04-12-2004, 03:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey you can use this to your advantage too..........All you Minnesota riders, use there contact page to write everyone envolved and tell your reps they did a great job and to keep it up. Contacts If all they hear is the neg. bull $hit from these tree huggers then that is what they will go by.

Old 04-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Pro Rider

well i e-mailed them a nasty one.... all they do is bring out the negatives and the WORST parts of a trail -- what about the smooth, NOT MUDDY/RUTS area?

Old 04-13-2004, 12:03 PM
Trailblazer

Funny thing is, all these tree hugging liberals jump in their big SUVS to drive all over the place to complain about everything and everyone. I guess they don't think they are contributing to pollution 'cause they are driving on the roads and not on trails. How many of these same enviro-wackos are taking their little buffys and little skippys to soccer games, dance troups, the theaters every day?

Quick Reply: Anti atv website. look at what we're up against.