Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Anti atv website. look at what we're up against.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 11:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti atv website. look at what we're up against.

Its very important to be safe and constructive while riding. But WTF they have a few pictures of ATV tracks in the dirt and mud. Thats it. I could find a trail of foot prints those hippies left behind. Could we ban humans from MN? I wanna kick all those peoples teeth out. I love the enviornment. But I wont let these irrastional people tell me what i can and cant do. When i am already responsable. Go fight consruction workers. Make sure your electric hondas are fully charged before you head out of the house.

Old 06-26-2004, 03:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

They'll manipulate and take advantage of any situation they can, whether it's real or perceived. They can take whatever they want and put whatever spin on it they want. It could be totally irrelevant, but they'll play it up to be something really big, even if they have to make it up.

The only good activist is an activist with quad tracks across their face [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

I just sent those loosers an e-mail telling them to play go hide and F@ck yourself.......

Old 06-29-2004, 03:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

found email address and will send them my opinion too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-02-2004, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

Wow! Even though they have their right to speak out for what they believe, these guys are so liberal it's crazy. Tie up local 911 lines if you see an ATV on public land? Ummm, I'd rather have lives saved with that number, thank you very much.

Their website post follows:
-------------

Help Protect Duluth’s Parks and Trails
Make our ATV-free dream a permanent reality now!
June 23, 2004

In February 2004, MRR members and friends successfully caused the Duluth City Council to make all public land in the city off-limits to ATVs, dirt-bike motorcycles and four-wheel drive trucks. All ATVs and unlicensed dirt-bike motorcycles and four-wheel drive trucks are also prohibited on streets.

Since then MRR members have been working with the city to launch a community-wide effort to enforce our new rules. On June 22 MRR mailed a “Friendly Reminder” postcard to the 4770 registered ATV, dirt-bike motorcycle, and four-wheel drive truck owners in the city informing them of the new rules, consequences, and community-wide enforcement campaign. On June 23 we announce this campaign in a press conference with Mayor Bergson at an ATV damage site on Spirit Mountain. The heart of this campaign is citizen reporting of illegal off-highway vehicle use in the city.

While simply being informed will cause some riders to stop using our parks and streets, others will only obey the law if it is actively enforced and consequences follow. Additional media is planned to broadcast reports of consequences (up to $1000 fine) for those who illegally use our public lands and streets. Reporting of actual consequences in the media is what will cause riders city-wide to comply with our new rules. Our goal is to cause accelerated compliance.

Help the City of Duluth enforce our new ordinance:

· Immediately call 911 whenever you witness ATV’s, dirt-bike motorcycles or four-wheel drive trucks on any public land in the city. (These machines may be used on private property). Call also when you witness any ATVs or unlicensed dirt-bike motorcycles or four-wheel drive trucks on streets.

· Complete and return the enclosed self-addressed “Off-Highway Vehicle Monitoring Form” to help MRR gather data about the extent and location of illegal use and to help us focus enforcement efforts and monitor progress. Providing enough identifying information may also result in consequences for illegal riders. Keep additional forms (see below) and carry them with you on your walks in our natural areas. Be sure to complete and mail a monitoring form each time you call 911.

· Spread the good news! Call Paul Bergstrom, MRR’s Off-Highway Vehicle Monitoring Coordinator at 740-3175 for additional forms, to volunteer to assist in our efforts, to schedule a short presentation for your community group, for contact information regarding your community police officer, and with any questions you might have.

Old 07-02-2004, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

f'n retards.... get a petition signed against the mother truckers.

Old 07-06-2004, 08:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah, the Minnesotans for Responsible Recreation aren't even the worst examples of extreme dogmatic environmentalists we have here in Northeastern Minnesota. A few people in my town (Grand Marais), are trying to make Cook County a "Non-Motorized County". AKA- No wheelers, sleds, bikes, etc. We're working hard at our little club to combat them where we can. I did finally finish most of my presentation to the city and its up at our club's website: www.boreal.org/~atvclub. Most of them live here in my county, and one guy who's now running for state legislature used to be a board member on that group. In our 4th of July parade- the group ran a float-
Subaru- pulling a trailer with a kayak on it "Don't Kill the Goose that Laid the Golden Egg - Keep Cook County A Silent Sport Destination!"
Our ATV club also ran in the parade, and we won "Best Float"! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

If you haven't, you should check out the "damage report" sheet they have:
http://www.mnresponsiblerec.org/MRRf...timateform.htm and the costs they have, then check out where they GET those costs:
http://www.mnresponsiblerec.org/reso...ealnatives.pdf

If it weren't for the fact that I was a previous 'greenie', and am an avid biologist/ecologist even though 'ametur', their constant barrage of special case pleading on what are truly such SMALL issues when you consider true environmental change, it would almost be convincing... its a new dogma. Its almost a religion even. You guys would probably all throw up at the cartoon a local artist guy printed in our "left" newspaper here a couple weeks back. I'm also an artist, and used to do alot of drawing back when I had time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] This guy is a well-respected artist in the community, but... I mean, his cartoons are some of the crappiest work I've seen. Anyway- for all their talk, they've not provided any real data to back up and refute our case to ask for trail here in Cook County. They're focusing on this county because of Grand Marais, and the HUGE amount of BWCA we have. Alot of people come here to go canoeing there, so they think they have an edge with that. I'm writing up an editorial for our papers. I'll probably have it on our website or post it here too.

And, as an aside: yes, alot of them have plenty of private property, suvs, and nice timber-frame homes, and tend to be wealthy, and run non-service businesses. People who run necessary things like: oil, automotive repair, grocery stores, septic work, laundromats, logging, fishing, etc, etc, are for shared use. Anyway- back to filling up our website with some info. I'm planning out our next parade- Fisherman's Picnic. Going to show the broad range of use ATVs have, including using them for hiking, biking, canoeing, kayaking, bird watching, snow plowing, lawn mowing, logging, farm use, etc. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] A guy in our club actually made his own rack to mount his canoe on for duck hunting [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

er, no ~ is the site; www.boreal.org/atvclub. Silly me.

Old 07-15-2004, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

i cant stand hippies. my dad battles with them politically all the time they are making farming so hard for people via such strickt regulations and all that that farmers are disapering and becoming an endangered species but they dont care as long as they can drive around in there land rovers which use as much gas as alot of trucks and preach about how cars are ruining the enviroment. its always double standards

Old 07-15-2004, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

ya i hate tree huggers, i say we make all two strokes to **** em off

Quick Reply: Anti atv website. look at what we're up against.