Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

Long Island NY Impounds

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Island NY Impounds

BUMP
Originally posted by: js73751
ATV Task Force Meeting Scheduled

The next public hearing for the Suffolk County N.Y. ATV Task Force has been
scheduled for Wednesday, May 18, 2005 at 5:00 pm in the Evans K. Griffing
County Center, 300 Center Drive, Riverhead, NY

I believe there will be a large number of attendees that may not be in favor of our endeavor. The Pine Barrens commission will be sending letters and inviting property owners adjacent to illegal riding areas. It would be great to turn their anger and concerns into support of a designated riding area. The Task Force has made great progress in the past 3 meetings. Now is not the time to be complacent and leave all of the work up to others. We need your help.

Tell your friends and bring them to the meeting. Call your riding buddies and get them to attend. Remind your dealer about this meeting. A legal area to ride is in their best interest. Your attendance and participation are important.

With the next meeting being held at 5pm instead of the middle of the work day, please make arrangements to attend. This is our best opportunity to earn a legal place to ride. In other words, If you give a damn, show up!

For more info: LIORV

FUTURE MEETING SCHEDULE

August 10 1:30 pm - ATV Task Force Meeting - Committee Reports - Hauppauge
September 14 1:30 pm - Public Hearing - Riverhead
October 12 (Time TBD) - ATV Task Force Meeting - Review draft of report of findings and determinations with recommendations for action, if any - Hauppauge
November 10 (Time TBD) - Final Public Hearing - Hauppauge or Riverhead

Old 06-04-2005, 11:24 AM
Trailblazer

Hey i'm from long island and ride in riverhead by a farm/beach area..Havn't had a problem yet..But on my way 2 my spot i see exit 56 still pumpin and seem's like the cop's don't care 2much! Any1 have any other spots 2 ride>? or land>? Let me know please...Thanx

Old 06-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Trailblazer

or any1 on long island that wats 2 ride....

Old 06-06-2005, 07:10 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Yo dude... did it just go in one ear and out the other? Hopefully you wear a helmet so the message at least may be slowed down a little...

I applaud NY taking the lead on impounding machines. Hopefully, some day someone will wake up to the fact that riding is a priviledge, not a "RIGHT"....

Old 06-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Trailblazer

ya iight DUDE!!!!!!LMAO

Old 06-06-2005, 06:25 PM
Trailblazer

I WAS TALKIN ABOUT SOME1'S PRIVATE LAND...NOT PIGGG CHASSSING LAND! if i wanted 2 be chased i would hit the roads DUDE!

Old 06-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

My friend was riding in my yard, the police drove up my driveway and asked for proof of ownership, and ended up locking us both up and impounded the quad. I got obstruction of a gov official charge, and mennacing, Got the whole thing on video, the cop deleted my pictures and videos at the station, Got them back with memory recovery prog when i got home. Is this crazy or what? See you in court

Old 11-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

what happened where is everyone u have to leave the state of new york to ride . I spend all my money in pa mass va and other place with my family and we ride alot.we get hotels and stay 2 days or a week sometimes we eat at restuarants and shop at all their stores so to bad for ny

Old 11-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

I went to west virginia a few weeks ago, to ride. They are so much more evolved than ny. We checked into our motel, unloaded the 4wheelers, & drove right down the main road LEGALLY to get to the trails. They were happy to see us come to their town & spend our money there. its perfectly legal to ride on the roads, as long as it isn't after dark.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Trailblazer

dang i was just running through this thread...

people are mean out there all these tickets and laws..

I just ride pretty much wherever (in my area) as long as you are smart, dont tear anything up, and are safe people here in Virginia don't tend to mind. Now when you start acting like an idiot then you should have some consequences.

Quick Reply: Long Island NY Impounds